Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Roo or pullet. 10 to 12 week old amaruacana so I am told

Last edited:
I have a pair of hatchery quality Crested Cream Lebgars - both photos below are of the same chicken. Assuming pullet - and was certain both were until this week. I'd been away last week for work and came home to a pretty well developed comb and wattle on one of them - very bright red although the photo doesn't highlight that. Just really looking for pullet verification. The other legbar - same age, same hatch - doesn't have anywhere close to the size/color/development of comb and wattle.

Below is a photo of them together (along with a legbar/welsumer mix). The one closest to the Buff Orpington has the developed comb and wattle - you can start to see it in this group photo...

I have a pair of hatchery quality Crested Cream Lebgars - both photos below are of the same chicken. Assuming pullet - and was certain both were until this week. I'd been away last week for work and came home to a pretty well developed comb and wattle on one of them - very bright red although the photo doesn't highlight that. Just really looking for pullet verification. The other legbar - same age, same hatch - doesn't have anywhere close to the size/color/development of comb and wattle.

Below is a photo of them together (along with a legbar/welsumer mix). The one closest to the Buff Orpington has the developed comb and wattle - you can start to see it in this group photo...

Yep, pullets. Cockerels look much different.

Hello, got a box from the auction a couple weeks ago of mixed or assorted bantams. Who knows but a positive ID on sex would help. Thanks.I think these 3 are roos. Phoenix Spartan and Thrash.
and Bob. He doesn't have a tail... Yet?
I also have 4 peeps a couple weeks old. I'll post them later. May not be old enough though. If they are all roos, I'll need a couple more hens lol, I'll be at a 1 to 1 ratio.

Hello, got a box from the auction a couple weeks ago of mixed or assorted bantams. Who knows but a positive ID on sex would help. Thanks.I think these 3 are roos. Phoenix Spartan and Thrash.
and Bob. He doesn't have a tail... Yet?
I also have 4 peeps a couple weeks old. I'll post them later. May not be old enough though. If they are all roos, I'll need a couple more hens lol, I'll be at a 1 to 1 ratio.

The speckled sussex and Bob look like pullets. The others cockerels I'm thinking.

Yeah, that's how I was leaning. Pretty large combs for their age. Attitude also. The 3 beat the tar out of each other. No one wants to back down. The darker one holds off 4 serama teens... Till I save him lol but all 3 protect Bob or Bobbin. 2 young bantams and the speckled (supposed to be old English?) still roost with them. Thanks. Now to find out what they are! Prob barnyard mix lol.

Back
Top Bottom