Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

The salmon colored feathers on her shoulder indicate female for SDW. :)

ETA but by 7 weeks she should have more salmon color on her chest and her wings are a bit dark for SDW, and legs should be lighter, so she may have a little mix in her background. She's beautiful though! They are my favorites. :)

Is this better?

Any help sexing these chickens? Wheaten Marans and Blue Wheaten Marans. 4wks old. These are eight different chicks. Comment hen or roo on each pic. I am really hoping they are all hens. Cause out of the 25 chicks, these are the only ones that might be hens
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f413.png
I had thought before that I had a lot more hens but most of them have turned into boys lol
1f602.png
1f602.png

Really hoping a hen. Is there a way to tell if a chicken is close to grown? I was hoping for a bantam hen
its comb has gotten much redder this past week. Thank you

Really hoping a hen. Is there a way to tell if a chicken is close to grown? I was hoping for a bantam hen its comb has gotten much redder this past week. Thank you
The red shoulders look like rooster red, but hard to tell for sure in the pic. Can you get a full side view in natural light to see the color? Also, how old is the bird?

Back
Top Bottom