Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Hi All, I "adopted" what was believed to be a light brahma x buff orpington mixed pullet about three months ago. I believe this bird is about 6-7 months old now, and I started to notice some pluming of the tail feathers and some rather sharp saddle feathers recently. :eek: If the cross is legit, I'm kind of surprised at the result, beyond the size of the chicken, which is about 30% larger than anything else I own! Coloration and fluffiness seems consistent with Lt Brahma, but no leg feathering at all. There hasn't been any crowing, so I've still got hope in my heart for a gal! Sweety of a bird that finally realized it's a monster compared to the others and doesn't need to be afraid of them. Anyone have any thoughts on breed and sex? Group pic is the gang around the time I got this one, and the single is recent. MUCH bigger chicken now!
he is 100% cockerel. He has saddle feathers

It's a roo, isn't it?
yes, sorry
hmm.png

Hi there,

I have 5 chickens and i am not sure the sex or breed of all. One is attempting to crow in the mornings, but hides it from me :) EE1 and unknown5 fight often. I found unknown 5 on the roof yesterday, guess my new fence wasn't tall enough. Anyways, appreciate the help!

EE 1. 5/11/16

EE 2. 4/16

RIR 3. 4/16

RIR 4. 4/16

?5. 4/16.

Hi there,

I have 5 chickens and i am not sure the sex or breed of all. One is attempting to crow in the mornings, but hides it from me :) EE1 and unknown5 fight often. I found unknown 5 on the roof yesterday, guess my new fence wasn't tall enough. Anyways, appreciate the help!

EE 1. 5/11/16

EE 2. 4/16

RIR 3. 4/16

RIR 4. 4/16

?5. 4/16.

#2 is a Welsummer
#3 and #4 are red sexlinks
#5 is a Glod Laced Wyandotte
All are female.

Back
Top Bottom