Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

@AustralorpsAU

[quote name="AustralorpsAU" url="/t/1096787/not-sure-if-youve-got-a-pullet-or-cockerel-click-here-thread-2/...
Both purebred Australorps from my flock. 5 and a half weeks old. Im thinking blue is a cockerel and black is a pullet[/quote]

I'm curious what you see that makes you say so? I see nothing masculine at all although it's much too soon to presume pullets.

Last edited:
So this hopefully little lady is going to be 7 weeks old on Wednesday this week and I'm starting to think she might be a he. My other four are not RIRs so I don't have anything to compare to. The gentalman I got them from said he was 90 percent sure they were all female but you never know.
Thanks in advance for the help!!!
1f918.png

90% right also means 10% wrong.
1f609.png
The comb is really bright for so early and I see the darker red in the wing bow (right where your thumbs are). It's a cockerel.

Last edited:
We got our chicks on March 1st from TSC unsexed. I'm clueless. Would love to hear your thoughts on their gender.

Rhode Island Reds:

Australorps:

Thanks very much!!

@we5farmers, are you sure it's an Australorp and not a Jersey Giant? She's huge. Anyway, laying age is highly variable but the wait shouldn't be much longer with all that red in the face.

Actually, Im just going on what the breeder told me. Oh man..I'll be going out to check her now. Lol. It's yellow feet bottoms on the Jersey giants and pink/white feet on the Australorp right? I'll let y'all know what I find!

Actually, Im just going on what the breeder told me. Oh man..I'll be going out to check her now. Lol. It's yellow feet bottoms on the Jersey giants and pink/white feet on the Australorp right? I'll let y'all know what I find!

If you got her from a breeder, I would expect she's what you were told. I thought she might have been a misidentified chick at a farm store.

Back
Top Bottom