Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I bought 6 chicks, the 2 gold laced wyandottes were SR. The first is definitely looking like a cockerel, the other I'm up in the air about. The both of them feathered out slower than the other 4 and they have little bitty kind of upright tails, they also stand kind of more upright than the girls. That being said #2 doesn't have the red comb that #1 does. I don't know, what does everyone think.

#1 Cockerel

#2 Unsure?

The cockerel is in the back, the other chick in the front.

I suppose time will tell.

Silkie x approx 11wks?

My 12 week old Barred Rock is turning pretty red in the face, do you think she could be a he?
Pullet
Birchen marans, 6wks. Pullet or cockerel?
Rooster
I bought 6 chicks, the 2 gold laced wyandottes were SR. The first is definitely looking like a cockerel, the other I'm up in the air about. The both of them feathered out slower than the other 4 and they have little bitty kind of upright tails, they also stand kind of more upright than the girls. That being said #2 doesn't have the red comb that #1 does. I don't know, what does everyone think. #1 Cockerel #2 Unsure? The cockerel is in the back, the other chick in the front. I suppose time will tell.
both cockerels, I believe

This is my RIR, grace. "Her" comb is scaring me a bit, also not sure on age, as the woman my husband bought her from wasn't positive. By her estimate, shes about 5 weeks old.

This is my EE, Amelia, who is all attitude towards me. I cleaned out their brooder yesterday, and he/she was not happy about me taking the babies out, at all. Hoping for pullets as we cant keep roos, and I'm already so in love! Even if i will end up with a hen whos all pecking and wing flapping at me lol

This is my RIR, grace. "Her" comb is scaring me a bit, also not sure on age, as the woman my husband bought her from wasn't positive. By her estimate, shes about 5 weeks old.

This is my EE, Amelia, who is all attitude towards me. I cleaned out their brooder yesterday, and he/she was not happy about me taking the babies out, at all. Hoping for pullets as we cant keep roos, and I'm already so in love! Even if i will end up with a hen whos all pecking and wing flapping at me lol

I think both pullets.. Keep an eye on Grace :)

Thistle is a 4.5 week old Cuckoo Marans. I have never had this breed before but "she" is starting to look roostery to me. I'd love another opinion

Back
Top Bottom