Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Updated pics - 9 weeks old. Can anyone make a determination on my babies?

Hello, Matilda has had pullet qualities all along, until yesterday, when I see her challenging the other chicks. She is 8 weeks old in these pictures.

So, is she really a Roo? IF so, I will have to start calling her Mat. lol

This is a cream legbar X pekin cross. There are three chicks with very similar colouring and I initially thought all three were boys, but one chick is smaller and the comb and wattles are less developed and more a pearly pink than bright red so I wondered if it might be a girl after all (the other two are definitely male!). They are around 8 weeks old.

Photos showing the chick by itself and also next to the definite boy.

This is a cream legbar X pekin cross. There are three chicks with very similar colouring and I initially thought all three were boys, but one chick is smaller and the comb and wattles are less developed and more a pearly pink than bright red so I wondered if it might be a girl after all (the other two are definitely male!). They are around 8 weeks old.

Photos showing the chick by itself and also next to the definite boy.

It's very cute! Love that little white crest! I would only be guessing, so you will have to wait for an expert.

The first is a Black Sexlink cockerel.
The second looks like a Welsummer. Definitely not a Sussex (they have white skin) or a Buckeye (they have a different comb type).

Both males, I believe the second one is a red laced black wyandotte.

The breed actually is a BBS breed (blue, black and splash) chicks will hatch in every breeding.

I will attach a link of a hatchery ad for one so you can compare him to their stock photo.

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/black-laced-red-wyandottes.html

Back
Top Bottom