Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Help with my Silver Laced Wyandottes.

SLW#1 is bigger and has more black.

SLW#2 Has more of the silver lacing coming through

My husband and I supposedly got 8 sexed pullets (2 each silver-laced wyandottes, light brahma, rhode island red, and buff orpington), but we are having serious doubts about 1-2 of the birds. All are 4-5 wks old.

The first one we have doubts about: 4-5 wks old silver-laced wyandotte. We are almost sure this guy is a rooster (first picture is the one in question alone, second picture is with other SLW for comparison, the one we are worried about is on the left in the second picture):

The second we are concerned about is a light brahma, 4-5 wks. We are less sure about this one but are worried (first two pictures are alone, second picture the one we are worried about is on the left, other light brahma of same age is on right for comparison):

Thanks for your help! It will be really sucky if we end up with two roosters--We're allowed to have them, so we may keep him if we have one, but with two we'll have to get rid of one (and also a 75% success rate on sexing seems pretty poor).

Updated pics of comet. I saw pics of another one just like him same age and the comb was huge and bright red. Keeping him either way but a girl would be cool lol. Thanks

Comb is normally paler but he was mad at me lol

My husband and I supposedly got 8 sexed pullets (2 each silver-laced wyandottes, light brahma, rhode island red, and buff orpington), but we are having serious doubts about 1-2 of the birds. All are 4-5 wks old.

The first one we have doubts about: 4-5 wks old silver-laced wyandotte. We are almost sure this guy is a rooster (first picture is the one in question alone, second picture is with other SLW for comparison, the one we are worried about is on the left in the second picture):

The second we are concerned about is a light brahma, 4-5 wks. We are less sure about this one but are worried (first two pictures are alone, second picture the one we are worried about is on the left, other light brahma of same age is on right for comparison):

Thanks for your help! It will be really sucky if we end up with two roosters--We're allowed to have them, so we may keep him if we have one, but with two we'll have to get rid of one (and also a 75% success rate on sexing seems pretty poor).
Both birds in question look like cockerels.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom