Not what you want to come home to (long) blood results post #67

LOL,, that would be funny wouldn't it? Man,,, I had this big red rooster jump on my head..... then he kicked my ..... and there was another rooster, he was blue,, he was just kind of laying there....

Quote:
I would almost bet a feral cat or bobcat. As I was reading all of the post, I am wondering if there were any claw or bite marks on Nugget (in particular his legs)?

The only wound I found on the Nuggetron was the broken spur. I did pretty good search on his body, and except for some broken feathers on the side the spur is gone on he's fine.

This almost makes me think he may have hit the attacker in the side of the neck and hit an artery. If he showed almost no ill effect (except for the spur), he may have opened a can of whoop a$# quicker than whatever attacked expected. especially with no scratch marks. I would look for buzzards in the next few days. He probably killed whatever it was.

I'm very glad nugget is Ok! He is such a beautiful roo!
smile.png

I just thought of a possibility, but I doubt this would happen.

Do you have any people around you that contribute to - dare I say it- cock fighting? If so, then maybe they knew you had a great rooster and thought they would try and steal it. Since all of your lights were off, the person probably assumed that nobody would be home for a while and decided to do his "work" since nobody would see him. I've seen ASPCA shows on Animal Planet and cock fighters will cut off either the spurs or back toe and replace it with a metal claw.

Does the break in the spur look smooth or jagged? I'm betting "IF" it was someone stealing Nugget for this reason that there was a big fight and Nugget did some bad damage along with the removal of his spur.

I know this might be waaaaaaay out there, but it's a possibility that I thought of.

I'm glad everything is ok.
hugs.gif

I just got a visit from my deputy friend, he found blood on my side gate, on the top of it. He said it looked either a palm smear or something had blood on a paw and jumped the fence. He's called someone else to look at it because he thinks it really does look like a human hand. Also he said there is a stub of the spur left and it doesn't look torn it looks smooth, like it was cut. I honestly don't think someone would try and sneak onto my property to trim my roos spurs! I still think it got caught in something or an animal. We'll see, but I'm glad he found more evidence around than I did. He said Nugget was a gentleman and let him pick him up to examine him,,, and he's not charging me for getting the blood out of his uniform..

Back
Top Bottom