Note To Self about Cranes :

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
...................... Do not try to grow pond plants and duck weed in a water trough when you have free ranging cranes.
lol.png

I forgot about my wintering pond plants until I caught one of the cranes standing in the middle of the trough, helping itself.
hmm.png
............................ Sorry no pics this time.
sad.png

I dragged out a large kiddy pool for them and saw one laying down in it. I didn't know cranes layed in water... only walked about in it????????? Perhaps they've been around the swans too long...
tongue.png

Last edited:
They have now gone and dug through everything in the burn pile, pulled it out, went running around the yard with it, drop it and do a dance around it......
lol.png
They steal empty dog food bags and flap them, then pounce on them and try to use it as a trampoline. When i fall asleep on the couch, I will hear someone knocking at the sliding glass door... i get up and there are 2 cranes looking at me, then they run off leaping and bouncing like to juvenile delinquents. They have now found it fun to try and pick up a broom handle and try and balance on it as it flops on the edge of the concrete step and also to peck at the rocking chairs to get them moving. Silly silly birds they are............
lol.png

7205_cranes_3-18.jpg

Last edited:
As a fellow crane keeper I can tell you that those friendly and curious juvenile cranes are more than likely going to become a pair of fire-breathing monsters come adulthood and the breeding season. Please be careful with them, they may be goofy as juveniles but as adults they can be downright dangerous to people, especially kids.

DT

Back
Top Bottom