November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

I have 7 1st gen Olive Eggers in the bator due Oct 12th. This will be my 2nd hatch! First hatch 7 out of 8 born Saturday..lovin my 4 day old babies:)

I have 7 1st gen Olive Eggers in the bator due Oct 12th. This will be my 2nd hatch! First hatch 7 out of 8 born Saturday..lovin my 4 day old babies:)

wee.gif

I set 16 eggs under a Cochin and 10 eggs under an Ameraucana two days ago. (Though the Ameraucana had been sitting on her eggs for approximately two days before-hand) the eggs are mixed EE, naked neck, and three pure Cochin eggs. The EE, when they hatch, are the darn fluffiest things in creation. :D :D :D

I set 16 eggs under a Cochin and 10 eggs under an Ameraucana two days ago. (Though the Ameraucana had been sitting on her eggs for approximately two days before-hand) the eggs are mixed EE, naked neck, and three pure Cochin eggs. The EE, when they hatch, are the darn fluffiest things in creation.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

clap.gif

I put 8 eggs under my broody bantam mutt, Frida, late on the 23rd. My first ever hatch! I ordered the eggs when she went broody, two days after we lost our red star Stella to the neighbor's dog. Rousseau the Frizzle, who was not broody when this started, has since joined Frida in the nest, and they have divided the eggs between them somehow. My 4 hens get along really well - especially Frida and Rousseau, who often act like a couple, so I'm hoping the benefits of having them together outweigh the risks of their passing the eggs around!

The eggs, when Frida took her break (4 Marans, 2 Cream Legbar, 2 EE);

my silly little silkie hen keeps going into the wrong box, she wants to sit on nothing! every am, she goes into the pen to eat drink and poo, then gets back into the wrong box. I think shes confused. I am going to build her a little secluded area (still in the coop itself) so that she only has ONE nest to choose from. I did not pay for the eggs and they are nothing too fancy, so if its a loss, its OK but I would really enjoy seeing her hatch them out. I will post pics of my arrangement tonight or tomorrow.

Just finished my day 7 candling and am fairly pleased. Out of 40 eggs, I had 1 blood ring, 1 possible blood ring, and a couple with no veining but the majority look great! I can see the embryo and veins in almost all of them and even a little movement in a few! VERY stoked that all 3 of my laced Cochin eggs are doing very well. If it keeps going like this, I'm in for a great hatch. :)

Last edited:
I put 8 eggs under my broody bantam mutt, Frida, late on the 23rd. My first ever hatch! I ordered the eggs when she went broody, two days after we lost our red star Stella to the neighbor's dog. Rousseau the Frizzle, who was not broody when this started, has since joined Frida in the nest, and they have divided the eggs between them somehow. My 4 hens get along really well - especially Frida and Rousseau, who often act like a couple, so I'm hoping the benefits of having them together outweigh the risks of their passing the eggs around!

The eggs, when Frida took her break (4 Marans, 2 Cream Legbar, 2 EE);
don't you just love the colors...I love all the breeds of chickens but I want all the colored eggs too.... lol
happy hatching

my silly little silkie hen keeps going into the wrong box, she wants to sit on nothing! every am, she goes into the pen to eat drink and poo, then gets back into the wrong box. I think shes confused. I am going to build her a little secluded area (still in the coop itself) so that she only has ONE nest to choose from. I did not pay for the eggs and they are nothing too fancy, so if its a loss, its OK but I would really enjoy seeing her hatch them out. I will post pics of my arrangement tonight or tomorrow.

yes love pictures...how sweet she knows she's suppose to sit somewhere ...lol

Back
Top Bottom