November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

I can't work out what to hatch next....

still no luck sourcing emu eggs so i think quail it will be....

any suggestions on species...

yippiechickie.gif

Depends where you are, but the Emu season is not here yet. I did find an add that was taking orders though.

http://www.chooknet.com.au/component/adsmanager/?page=show_ad&adid=11401&catid=31

Hope you have a fair amount of space, I am pretty sure they need abut an acre a pair.

Last edited:
candle them! i can tell you that the multiply turning thing is most important for the first 14 days then i turn once a day till 18th day

If you have not turned them for 9 days then the membrane has been stuck to one side of the egg so they will not develope it is a bad batch

I just candled the 5 eggs and they had good movement. Im gonna keep them in there..see what happens. Is there anything I should look for to tell if they are stuck??

good for you you cannot telll if they are stuck but just increase the humidity to 70% around day 18 so their shells can be moist enough so they can get out

Hey all I would like to join, but my eggs are going to be hatching at the end of October!  I just put them in yesterday!!  I have 17 Black Copper Maran eggs and 14 Heritage RIR eggs.  Its been a while for me hatching and I am nervous.   Years ago I used to hatch all the time, but this is my first hatch since then.  Please keep your fingers and toes crossed!  :fl

Hope you all attach some pictures when yours start hatching!  I am excited to see!   :jumpy
werlcome

Back
Top Bottom