November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Hey all I would like to join, but my eggs are going to be hatching at the end of October! I just put them in yesterday!! I have 17 Black Copper Maran eggs and 14 Heritage RIR eggs. Its been a while for me hatching and I am nervous. Years ago I used to hatch all the time, but this is my first hatch since then. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed!
fl.gif

Hope you all attach some pictures when yours start hatching! I am excited to see!
jumpy.gif

fl.gif

Last night I candled my three eggs and they were looking good, except for one that I couldnt really see much in bc of a speckled/dark shell. Today, I go out there to check on momma, and one egg was broken
hu.gif
I am pretty confident it was the shell I was unsure of if anything was inside, just from a quick glance. I have not gone out and cleaned up the mess yet, thats my next step.

But any ideas on how this could have happened? I let my birds out a little late- maybe the others were irritated and broke it? Did she do it? Could it have exploded under her (Ive seen others talk about that..) Why do they even explode in the first place??

Sorry to hear, i hope the rest are going ok

hit.gif

Since I have a bit of space where my turner tray normally slide to (manually turnign at the moment) I added a large jar of water (with a lid on it) to help maintain temps and also bring them back to normal after I have had the lid open.

Seems to be working as a great heat sink without messing with the humidity.

I was thinking of doing this just a few days ago, as i only have 12 eggs in and still plenty of empty space...

i think i will proceed with your reports of positive results.

please keep me updated if you encounter any troubles..

love.gif

My first ever batch of hatching eggs should be hatching out in 2-4 days (can't recall which day I put them in on) under my broody Black Australorp! All B&C Maran eggs! So exciting!

I've still got 7 days to go...

Happy hatching at your end

hope it all goes smoothly

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I forgot to do my day 10 weigh in... just wondering if anyone else actually worries about monitoring this aspect of hatching eggs???

P.s. Do you actually turn on day 18 or stop the night of the 17th...

i set on the monday at about 2pm... 2 weeks ago..

when do i stop turning (manual)

thumbsup.gif

Hey all I would like to join, but my eggs are going to be hatching at the end of October! I just put them in yesterday!! I have 17 Black Copper Maran eggs and 14 Heritage RIR eggs. Its been a while for me hatching and I am nervous. Years ago I used to hatch all the time, but this is my first hatch since then. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed!
fl.gif

Hope you all attach some pictures when yours start hatching! I am excited to see!
jumpy.gif

I have just purchased 3 dozen eggs....like a fool.....that will go in this next week
next week some of my mutts hatch!!
happy hatching!
fl.gif
frow.gif

I forgot to do my day 10 weigh in... just wondering if anyone else actually worries about monitoring this aspect of hatching eggs???

I set the eggs, monitor the temp and humidity, candle probably once a week...I've been so lucky as to have had some shipped eggs blow up in the incubator within days off setting UGH.... and let them hatch

Back
Top Bottom