November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

I'm back! :frow

It's the 13th, and with eggs due to crack the 14-16th, I'm impatiently on lockdown. I put in extra wet wash cloths and the temp. has held steady, but I continue to fuss over them. Fairly certain my husband thinks I'm crazy...er. :smack

I squint in at them for pipping (none yet) or other signs, and I must look disappointed because I've been told, "they'll hatch." Still, I must come up with crazy worries. What If the eggs are too thick? What if it hatches and dries before I get home from work to move to the broader? What if they are too sticky to move or dry? How will they do being a day or two apart and in the same brooder? Is there an emote for losing your mind? :oops:

But I continue to remind myself that most of them have made it this far, and chicks have done this process for a long, long time and it will be fine. I'll post pictures soon hopefully! :weee

I'm back!
frow.gif

It's the 13th, and with eggs due to crack the 14-16th, I'm impatiently on lockdown. I put in extra wet wash cloths and the temp. has held steady, but I continue to fuss over them. Fairly certain my husband thinks I'm crazy...er.
smack.gif

I squint in at them for pipping (none yet) or other signs, and I must look disappointed because I've been told, "they'll hatch." Still, I must come up with crazy worries. What If the eggs are too thick? What if it hatches and dries before I get home from work to move to the broader? What if they are too sticky to move or dry? How will they do being a day or two apart and in the same brooder? Is there an emote for losing your mind?
hide.gif

But I continue to remind myself that most of them have made it this far, and chicks have done this process for a long, long time and it will be fine. I'll post pictures soon hopefully!
wee.gif
fl.gif
pop.gif

I just set 17 I pulled from 2 Guinea nests. They were hidden in deep grass. just look for the guinea she doesn't get off much

They are really sneeky i once found the nest of guinea eggs (they are quiet hard ) and took the 7 eggs and left one all of them came out and they were all different colours until the cat got six of them! The cat got in the caged fencing during the day :-C i kept the last one which was white and was very tame until i sold it but now i want more coz they give me good profit at this time of the year

The hatch is moving along nicely. One of our Blue Maran x White EE chicks has hatched. It has beautiful silver fuzz. It's not showing up well in the picture.

I am on day 10, and just checked up on the 7 live embryos from the shipping eggs.
6 are going strong and 1 was actually a dud like the others. Sneaked past my egg candling earlier this week. :|

So out of 13, there are now only 6 live showgirl egglets. Still happy.

My 8 marans that hatched from my first set (15 others were full term but didn't hatch). 11 more marans and 3 silkies are on day 19 today and 10 buff brahmas and 2 silkies are on day 17.

Hi everyone!

I was on the September hatchalong, figured I needed to move on to this one!

I had 2 exchequer leghorns hatch this week & 9 Blue Breda on lockdown.
I have eggs ordered so next week I'm putting in Super Blue layers, Blue Isbar, Swedish Flower Hens, Marraduna Basque, & Blue Salmon Favorelles.
This will be my last hatch until at least Spring.

Back
Top Bottom