November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Here is a video of her playing with my feet. She is so funny. She does this all of the time. Soon, every one will have a pet turkey and we will be eating roast beef for Thanksgiving. Max cheering me up while I'm sick. I tried putting it on youtube but it looks awful.
Its going to be even funnier when she is like 3 feet tall trying to sit on your feet, LOL! :lau

another sex link egg chirping
clap.gif

guineas by the end of the week...out of at least a dozen only 3 were fertile....my guys are officially finished for the year!

Thanks heidisgran! I remember you from another hatchalong earlier in the year, great to see you again! What are you hatching now?

Pendragon-- So cute!!! I'm assuming you grow your own eggs to come up with these combos? I so wish I could do that, but we live in the city so no roosters for us (unless meat birds and they go as soon as they crow!). Leaves me with mail order eggs, but at least there are some really unique breeds out there to get (though definitely not cost effective!)

another sex link egg chirping
clap.gif

guineas by the end of the week...out of at least a dozen only 3 were fertile....my guys are officially finished for the year!
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hg {--- Max

Yeah! {--- Me

Thanks heidisgran!  I remember you from another hatchalong earlier in the year, great to see you again!  What are you hatching now?

Pendragon--  So cute!!! I'm assuming you grow your own eggs to come up with these combos?  I so wish I could do that, but we live in the city so no roosters for us (unless meat birds and they go as soon as they crow!).  Leaves me with mail order eggs, but at least there are some really unique breeds out there to get (though definitely not cost effective!)
Yes, they are from my crazy big flock. I started with a handful in April and now have somewhere between 130 and 150. I decided I would breed rare breeds starting next year and went in with both feet. I would bet you could find lots of breeders not too far from you that you could get eggs from without the danger and cost of shipping. That is what I did :) I went on ebay, found eggs for sale that were within so many miles of me and contacted them about being able to pick up versus ship. Worked out so much better than shipped eggs.

Yes, they are from my crazy big flock. I started with a handful in April and now have somewhere between 130 and 150. I decided I would breed rare breeds starting next year and went in with both feet. I would bet you could find lots of breeders not too far from you that you could get eggs from without the danger and cost of shipping. That is what I did :) I went on ebay, found eggs for sale that were within so many miles of me and contacted them about being able to pick up versus ship. Worked out so much better than shipped eggs.

If you like Ameraucana here are the NC breeders from the ABC website list:

North Carolina

Cash, Don (2012) 1 A B C D E
8922 Robinson Church Road 12, 16
Charlotte NC 28215-7405
(704)567.7798
[email protected]

Colbert, Amy (2012) 12, golden duckwing A B E
2019 NC Hwy 58 and silver blue bantam
Castalla NC 27816
(919)671-3003
[email protected]

Howell, Lynne (2010) 1, 3 C D
PO Box 308
Ellerbe NC 28338
(910)652-3311
[email protected]

Jarrell, Randall (?) 3, 13 A C D
705 Sanford Road
Pittsboro NC 27312
(919)210-2500

Marshall, John (2004) 1, 3, 5, 9, 13, 15 A B C D E
8742 S. NC Highway 150
Linwood NC 27299 (336)752-2886
[email protected]

Phillips, Jim (?) 1, lavender LF A C D E
Dallas NC 28034
http://PhillipsAcres.com

This is in SC, but even shipped they wouldn't be going too far. Or you could get chicks http://huckfarm.com/for-sale/

ETA: Found these for you too http://www.motherearthnews.com/directories/hatchery-directory.aspx#ixzz2hhk46tDJ

Company Name: Dans La Lune
Address: 370 Brewer Road
City: Louisburg
State: NC
Zip: 27549
Phone: 919-853-3542
Fax: Fax
Poultry Type: Chickens
Business Type: Hobby Breeder
Offer for Sale: Chicks,Hatching Eggs,Adult Birds
About: I raise only standard Dominique chickens and have been raising them for a very long time. I have maintained a small flock of 10 to 20 breeders for over 18 years. I have a very limited supply of chicks and adult birds that I offer for sale, seasonaly. I can, however, supply hatching eggs, upon request, most of the year.

Company Name: Keets-Peep Hatchery
Address: Saw Mill Rd
City: New Lodnon
Zip: 28127
Phone: 704-305-0970
Poultry Type: Chickens,Guineas
Business Type: Hatchery
Offer for Sale: Chicks
About: We offer great prices on chicks with Free Shipping to the Carolina's our 1st year.We are in the progress of adding at least 10 more varieties of chicks for the year of 2011.Our goal is to be the most competitive priced chicks around.

Company Name: Little Birdie Hatchery
Address: 9805 Adlie Drive
City: Wake Forest
Zip: 27587
Phone: 919-618-7286
Poultry Type: Chickens
Business Type: Hatchery
Offer for Sale: Chicks,Hatching Eggs,Adult Birds
About: We are a family owned business that was inspired by our son who loves chickens. We've grown organically from first selling chicken tractors and eggs, to now hatching our own chicks as well as hand raising chicks, pullets and started birds. We also offer many supplies, including coops, feeders and coop plans. Check out the "Available Chicks" page for a complete list. We mainly supply chicks and supplies to the Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill and surrounding areas. We are not yet offering shipping, but hope to in the near future.

Last edited:
I just ordered some eggs for my broody pekin they should come on wednesday I can't wait!

A BROODY PEKIN?!?!?! WHAT??? HOW???? I have been told that Pekins will not go broody. My three girls better get with the program!
gig.gif

Dinner- turkey and mashed potatoes.

And what happens after you stuff yourself with mashed potatoes. With in minutes, she's might miss ice cream.

love.gif
I'm in love!

Thanks heidisgran! I remember you from another hatchalong earlier in the year, great to see you again! What are you hatching now?

Pendragon-- So cute!!! I'm assuming you grow your own eggs to come up with these combos? I so wish I could do that, but we live in the city so no roosters for us (unless meat birds and they go as soon as they crow!). Leaves me with mail order eggs, but at least there are some really unique breeds out there to get (though definitely not cost effective!)
How are you? what hatch a long did I miss this year
lau.gif

I have Black Copper Maran, Russian Orloff, Faverolle and White Leghorn....and Golden Lakenvelder but they turned out to be duds

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom