November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

It's lockdown for 7 marans eggs....I have no idea if they will hatch because I am new to this and didn't know how to look inside the very dark eggs....when I candle them i see that the eggs have very dark spots mostly fully encompassing the egg so I am hopeful to atleast get a few chicks even though my LG sucks when It comes to steady temps. It went up to 108 for a few seconds so that's why I'm iffy on these babies making it. 
This should make you feel better http://www.brinsea.com/customerservice/poweroff.html

I have 3 pips on my RIR eggs!!!!! So excited!! These are heritage reds and so when they get bigger they are going straight to showing! Oh please chickes....hatch for me! I have 11 yet to pip.......the waiting begins as well as popping my head to check on them every 5 min. LOL!!
smile.png
smile.png

pop.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

What are you hatching? :)

She is sitting on 6 Silver Penciled Wyandotte eggs (shipped), 2 Delaware eggs (mine) and two mutt eggs.(also mine) The mutt eggs are Del over Chocolate Rock and Del over California Grey. I was wanting to check fertility in my cockerel and also wanting SPW so hopefully it all goes well. There were 12 eggs under her 2 of the SPW were clear but all of the ones from my girls showed activity at 1 week. There are two SPW that are questionable but I left them in hopes that there would be more development by this weekend.

She is sitting on 6 Silver Penciled Wyandotte eggs (shipped), 2 Delaware eggs (mine) and two mutt eggs.(also mine) The mutt eggs are Del over Chocolate Rock and Del over California Grey. I was wanting to check fertility in my cockerel and also wanting SPW so hopefully it all goes well. There were 12 eggs under her 2 of the SPW were clear but all of the ones from my girls showed activity at 1 week. There are two SPW that are questionable but I left them in hopes that there would be more development by this weekend.

How exciting! Best of luck! :eek: I cannot wait til hatchday.
I need to take a breather. :|

Well I am late to set But here are my egges set this morning so due about the 7 or 6 of November,.
Couldn't resist the legbars. These eggs are big.....
my cross breeds brown egg marans cross rhode island red.. should be turn all chickens loose together. only roosters are splash marans, hertiage rhode island red and a splash EE (made from pure Blue Amercuanas)
have fingers crossed on shipped eggs. I have had good and bad luck with shipped eggs.....
Wasn't going to hatch anymore tell spring. LOL addicted bad

Well I am late to set But here are my egges set this morning so due about the 7 or 6 of November,.
my cross breeds brown egg marans cross rhode island red.. should be turn all chickens loose together. only roosters are splash marans, hertiage rhode island red and a splash EE (made from pure Blue Amercuanas)
have fingers crossed on shipped eggs. I have had good and bad luck with shipped eggs.....
wee.gif

Oh I can't wait to see what your marans/RIR crosses will look like....that's what I have in my yard right now. :)

:D Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom