November hatch-a-long

I'm so excited! :wee
The last time I hatched eggs was 12 years ago. I've only got 7 in there but I'm hoping for the best!
20201105_163124.jpg

:oops: ....Ordered Ayam Cemani eggs and getting cuckoo silkie eggs as extras. I also got a message from the seller that I bought Pita Pinta eggs from back in August that USPS lost. I placed a second order and right after I did, her chickens started molting. It sounds like they are just starting to lay again and that I should be getting my eggs the first part of November!

I know Im probably the earliest in this group mine are 21 days on the 3rd! So we went into lockdown tonight 6pm was where we changed from day 18 to 19! So exciting and I don't know if this is possible but one egg looked internally piped almost?! It has an appendage in the air sac area, almost looked like a beak! So hard to say if it had broken through or not but really seemed it! Is it bad I moved the incubator to my room so I could watch basically all night lol?!

I thought I'd chip in with my hatches for Nov :)

have had a broody hatching eggs and i could hear cheeping last night so shes got something there
I have 6 Bantam wyandotte eggs in lockdown now
12 Golden pheasant eggs hatching 15th
11 Cochin Frizzle x eggs hatching 22nd

should be a busy month! :)

I have no incubator and had no plans to hatch until reading through this thread and now I’m feeling itchy to try it myself! Gah!!! What do you do with all the chicks you hatch?? I couldn’t possibly keep them all, right?
Do it do it
I keep all the girls we hatch and rehome extra boys. I’m up to 27 birds, though we have lots of extra boys at the moment.

Hello!(new member) I’m from southeastern Oklahoma, I’m a sophomore in highschool and I’ve been hatching eggs since May of this year. Some of the first hatches I’ve incubated I've successfully gotten Wyandotte’s, a deleware bantam, light brahma’s, production red’s, and then all the mutts.

This hatch I put 63 eggs in the ‘bator and 46 went into lockdown. (Old eggs are the reason to blame I think) I have one dozen of of mutt eggs, one deleware bantam egg, and the rest are production reds.

My next hatch will be Sebastopol Geese eggs and maybe some duck eggs if I can find them.

Nice to meet you all!

Attachments

• 1C51C134-8A17-41A8-B366-7118718D75CE.jpeg
    1C51C134-8A17-41A8-B366-7118718D75CE.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom