November Hatch -- Who's going to have late fall babies?

good luck everyone
big_smile.png
i had one little serama chick hatch last night
ya.gif
the other serama egg has made no change since i went to bed last night, its just has a small pip in it. today is day 22 for it. and the other 5 eggs in lockdown are on day 21. so.... hoping for good hatch from them today!
pop.gif

Quote:
ep.gif

That's going to be a LOT of chicks. You must have a large area to brood them out of the house! Even having 5 down there was a noticeable odor, though I changed bedding twice a day. This time I have 20 eggs in. I am going to have to come up with a bigger area for them to brood...

Today is day 21 for 21 eggs in 3 of my incubators. I did NOT expect any of them to hatch (these were slightly older shipped eggs that had to wait for empty incubators due to my miscalculations) but when one egg pipped and I heard the peeping from within it, I was SO jazzed!

And now 2 chicks have hatched in one incubator, and 1 in another.
wee.gif

So, even "old" shipped eggs can hatch!!

i have 2 chickies hatched and still waiting on 5 others that are suppose to hatch today
fl.gif
hoping something starts soon.

A very kind fellow chicken lover down the road has eggs in her incubators for us. We have 9 French Copper Maran eggs in one and 10 Buff Silkie eggs in the other. Can't wait to see them - we've never had either breed before. We should see our little Marans around the 19th and the little silkies are right on target for Thanksgiving
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I had to look up further to see what you were hatching. That's a Serama baby, is it? Interesting colors!

Quote:
I had to look up further to see what you were hatching. That's a Serama baby, is it? Interesting colors!

Yeah, it's a little serama. It's really weird looking, I have no idea whats going to happen with it color wise.

Back
Top Bottom