November Hatch -- Who's going to have late fall babies?

i have a pip!!!!!!!!!!! finally i was getting worried
wee.gif
wee.gif

I'm on day 20 with my serama eggs, and they're rolling here and there and peeping, but no pips yet! NEXT weekend I have five silkie eggs due and who knows how many coturnix.

Almost through my 1st incubator hatch. Whew! But what a sucker I am
he.gif
... my kids talked me in to more eggs. They'll be here on Monday/Tuesday. Of course they didn't have to work too hard to convince me.
love.gif

Quote:
I candeled tonight. One egg was totally clear and I took it out. Two others might be quitters, can't tell. I marked them and left them so I can check them again in afew days. All the others look good.

This is my first time buying ebay hatching eggs so I was somewhat concerned if they would develop or not.

Apparently, I am going to have November babies. My broody quit and tomorrow is Day 17 so three Delaware eggs are in the bator and I'll have babies in the house this winter. Didn't really want to do that, but couldn't let them just die.

I have one EE chick from our EE hen hatched, there are some other pips on EE and silkie eggs. Ducks still have another 10 days, then the bators are off...unless the d'uccles or OEGB decide to start laying
fl.gif

Moved house this summer, finally had garden large enough for long awaited birds. Had many debated with housemates over ducks or chickens!

Bought 6 Indian runner eggs on ebay, 5 clear but one is doing well! So he is on his own in incubator (day 26) very excited and nervous parents!

Back
Top Bottom