November Hatch -- Who's going to have late fall babies?

Quote:
fl.gif

Quote:
Hope it goes well! What kind of quail eggs did you get? If you aren't sure, the quail forum is pretty active.

Quote:
Only 25, with the way buttons hatch for me I'd get like 5
lau.gif

lol!

I had to steal eggs away from a broody girl yesterday. I've been gathering eggs daily. I just figured she'd decided to take a rest because I didn't see any eggs in her pen. She usually lays up in the front corner. I glanced around each day and didn't notice any elsewhere. Well, yesterday she was staying in a corner.

She'd apparently HIDDEN HER EGGS by rolling them up UNDER the hay that I gave them for entertainment. Then, they'd fluffed the hay up into a nest.

It was really hard for me to take those away, but she'd have hatched all five and I really do NOT have space for more cages. Heck, I'm still watching for more cages for the ones I have now.

My buttons' 'cages' are sweater boxes from the dollar store. They are 17"x12"x7", plenty of room for a pair. Mine are used to me 'coming from above', so I just cut the center of the top out and cover it with wire, then open it to feed and water. It's a bit tricky to clean them, but luckily they aren't messy birds
smile.png

humm im crazy but ohh well

Hatch Dates:

11/8 125 Cotu quail eggs
11/13 90 Cotu quail eggs
11/16 125 Cotu quail eggs
11/17 9 Duck eggs

have 90+ more Cotu eggs from the last 3 days......
cant make up my mind to set them or not..........
roll.png

I am soooo happy I found this! This thread makes me feel much better! I just hatched 4 buff and one splash silkie from Sassy Silkies on Tuesday and have a tom more incubating now!

In my 2 brinsea minis I have BBS eggs from Red Toad silkies and my own Lavender silkie/showgirl eggs, and some Black eggs from Bobbi Porto. I set this batch on the first.

I am going to be setting another batch in the next day or two that will include...
-8 lemon blue lf cochins from bishops chickens for my assorted layers pen
-12 assorted showgirls - fowlrus
-6+ Lav silkies - fowlrus
-And so far I have 3 more but will collect until I set from my own Lavshowgirl/silkies

This will be my LAST batch!!!! Well other than whatever silkie eggs are laid out of my own Lavender and porcelain pens. LOL!

day 21 today and nothing is going on, i have 3 seramas due today. tomorrow is day 21 on 5 cochin eggs and nothing going on with them either. i have a feeling its going to be a long weekend.
pop.gif

Quote:
Mine have a variety of enclosures. My favorites are turning out to be big dog carriers. I seem to find one every 2-3 weeks at a local thrift shop. I've never seen them at any other thrift shop, just this one. I have several different types of these.

The one that has been in rehab is still living in a cardboard box with a wire rack over the top...

I have a White Asil pullet that just decided to get broody with her first 8 eggs. She'll actually be hatching on Thanksgiving day if she sticks with it.
Good luck every one!

Back
Top Bottom