Now that she’s older, can people tell what she is?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I adopted this hen as a barnyard mix but I’m curious as to what she is. Does anyone have any ideas? Her name is Sunny Side Up, Sunny for short. She’s 4-5 months old.
She’s super sweet and social
0CA9AA20-CB89-46EE-BA40-AC8A76BB1352.jpeg
862CAFCC-9D78-4AE1-9FA1-DEC787B8869C.png
AC267A3B-D763-412D-8F94-4EF29131BF8C.jpeg
9673E5FA-9A5E-4777-8C1A-53C95575D596.png
F0624348-ECB2-4839-88DB-B29CE8B1E35B.jpeg

She appears to be a pure Buff Chantecler. Buff is a hard color genetically to achieve. I would definitely not expect a barnyard mix to be perfectly buff. She also has yellow legs which are recessive. The most common buff breed in the US are Buff Orpingtons. They have pink legs and white skin which is dominant. She also appears to have a cushion comb. I would be absolutely shocked that a mixed breed would have all these traits. I disagree that she's a mix.

She appears to be a pure Buff Chantecler. Buff is a hard color genetically to achieve. I would definitely not expect a barnyard mix to be perfectly buff. She also has yellow legs which are recessive. The most common buff breed in the US are Buff Orpingtons. They have pink legs and white skin which is dominant. She also appears to have a cushion comb. I would be absolutely shocked that a mixed breed would have all these traits. I disagree that she's a mix.
That makes sense as to why she’s so sweet! I thought she might be but I wasn’t sure

Chanteclers are a breed that I've always wanted to own. You are lucky!!
I actually only saw her by chance! I had to pick out a flock that was just a random mix of breeds and saw her much smaller then the rest and quite scared looking and missing a lot of back feathers but in the corner of pictures she was in she definitely stood out. I’m so glad I picked her! Even better knowing she’s a good breed!

Back
Top Bottom