Now We are digging a hole...... updated with pics :D

fourpekinducks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Wellingborough
So we were using a childs paddling pool for a duck pool. Now my hubby has decided they deserve better.... So we have been to the diy store and bought a massive storage box and we are sinking it into the ground! my duckies better like it! lol.

I have a question --- How do you clean yours???

Last edited:
when i had my ducks, we put in a plastic box, and we couldn't get it back out.. doh! i didnt use my head there... lol so what we did was run the hose into it and after a hour the water was all clear but 5 mins later it was muddy again.. so i took that out for good and used a kids plastic pool lol.. good luck to you

I have a bath tub Burried inti the ground all I have to do is pull the plug, the water will eventually drain out.
If you can some way make a plug hole it will be easier for you to clean out

You should be able to use an aquarium vaccum tube to suck out the worst of the muck. when I did undergrad work we'd clean 3000 gal tanks with them, get the biggest one you can find (don't suck on the tube to start it, you'll be sicker than heck if you get it in your mouth.)

Pics of my duckies
big_smile.png

100711003.jpg

100711008.jpg

100711009.jpg

100711010.jpg

Oh your babies are adorable!
Good luck with your "pond". I was concerned about clean-up of a permanent pool, too.

Back
Top Bottom