Now what??? Hen is off balance

Oh I forgot, me and hubby removed all the chickens from the coop after work and washed it all down with Nolvasan. We didn't do a perfect job but it should help some.

I'm sorry I lost track of your thread. I take it you came up with the right dose of duramycin? I had to search on here too to find it. There is a lot of good info if you can locate it. Glad to hear your girls are doing better. Good Luck!

I found it on a thread on here somewhere. There was some incorrect information posted but I found a pharmacist that posted it. I mixed 3/4 teaspoon to a quart of water.

I am happy they improved today but they are not out of the woods. I'm hopeful but not letting my guard down yet.

Today they are the same as they were yesterday all day. Punky is weak, I'm still going out every couple hours to give her drops of electrolyte water and antibiotic water. She's weak and won't eat.

CreamPuff is way off balance again today. She is eating though. Just laying on her side.

If these chickens don't pull through after all I'm doing, from now on, that's it. I'm putting sick chickens down right away and will just have to get over it.

Ok well. Cream puff's leg is shaking uncontrollably and she just lays on her side. She is pooping on herself because she cannot get up.

What is going on? Is it time to put her down??

My daughter is going to freak!

we went to the vet saturday
Punky is eating on her own to an extent
CreamPuff has been biting at her self, I've been looking her over for bugs and couldn't see anything. We went out to the coop tonight to give meds and fluids,, I looked CreamPuff over only because I saw a couple flies today and was concerned about maggots... WElllll I found LICE crawling all over her. I never saw them before this and I have been looking! I've been giving her injections of antibiotics and fluid under skin and never saw a bug.
Do you think the lice caused all this or they just appeared because she is sick?

I looked over Punky and Dixie and didn't see any on them.

I dusted CP with poultry dust "permethrin" and they were coming out dying and falling all over the towel. Hundreds of them! GRRRR
I dusted the whole flock since they were all roosted and it was night time. I didn't get them all real good but will repeat in seven days???

Bugs are so gross! I think they're easy to miss unless you are determined to see one. I would retreat them in , I think 2 or 3 weeks, maybe someone can correct me. You need to let the eggs hatch and get those too.

omg they were disgusting!! I'll be retreating. Now I"m wondering if this is what has been bothering her the whole time?? I never saw the little ba___ds! ughgh

Well it seemed like things were looking up then they would go back down.

I"ll miss my little Dixie, Cream Puff and Punky pants. I loved them so.

Rest in peace my beautiful girls
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom