Now what??? Hen is off balance

Yeah, it's really sad and really hard. I was going to send them for testing but decided not to. If I get another one with similar symptoms I will do it. As for now,, knock on wood,, they seem to be healthy and well beefed up.
I think Dixie was just wasting away as she was eating just fine. I saw her eat everyday. And her one leg was paralyzed.

Cream Puff and Punky seemed to have something else going on. I tried what I could and could not stand to see them like that anymore. Punky was eating on her own again but really didn't change otherwise. I can't take it anymore.

We went and cleaned the coops out again and we're starting over again. I'm at 19 hens and 6 roosters. The count is going down.

The girls will stay in our yard, close to home and we will plant flowers by them.

Hugs to anyone who is going through this. It sucks.

I'm so sorry for your losses. I do feel your pain and sadness, and I'm sending hugs your way. My sweet hen passed away after 6 days of hand feeding, meds, and willing her to live. I don''t wish this on anyone, and I'm glad for the friends here at BYC. We know and We care. Sorry again XOXO.

Back
Top Bottom