NPIP Certification - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by SundownWaterfowl, Jun 24, 2010.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

How long did it take until you got your certificate? It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since I was tested. I got the farm inspection report in the mail about 1.5-2 weeks after I was tested, but still no certificate.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  2. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I am sure every state is different I am in Colorado and mine came in about two weeks.

3. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Mine came the next week. My tester said the certificate really is not worth anything. He said the only papers that can be used are the pink and yellow slips he gave me for each breed the day he tested me. The only thing I needed from my certificate was my number. I hope it comes soon!

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I was tested December 2 and had my papers in hand December 23. [​IMG] I said it was the perfect xmas gift!

5. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:See, I asked the tester if I needed some of those slips and they told me no NY doesnt have those, just send a copy of your certificate.

6. poultryfan73

poultryfan73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    To get certified to you have to have your birds penned up? Mine are all free ranged and i want it to stay that way. I was thinking about getting certified but i dont know much about it.

7. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:No, they never said that my birds needed to be penned up. I even had several ducks free ranging when they came.

8. SundownWaterfowl

Also where can I get some of those VS 9-3 forms?

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Our State doesnt even have any forms or they don't list the breeds I have. I just have a card which I got within two weeks.

10. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    I did all the mandatory testing and had the paperwork sent in by the end of January for my hatchery permit and NPIP certification. The state vet first came for his inspection about the end of March. This wouldn't have happened til later but I kept calling and bugging them. By the time all was said and done it was the end of May til my certificate was sent to me. I just kept sending in the 'intrastate sales form' to the MPTL and giving a 'statement of origin' form to the customer. It was the only forms I could download and print off their website. The state must have gotten sick of all those and finally sent me 2 books of the signed 9-3 forms. After a local swap a couple weeks ago I sent in all the mandatory paperwork to the state. I got another phone call from the MPTL saying that you don't need to fill out any paperwork on sales if they are within the state. ??????? Now if you are selling to another NPIP breeder, how do they prove that they got stock from you without all those forms? First they want you to document all sales and now they don't want to deal with all the paperwork . [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by