NPIP Certification

JCoogle

Songster
10 Years
Dec 9, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I just have a few questions about the certification.

1. How easy is it obtained?
2. What is the total cost?
3. How often do you have to be recertified?

Also if you all have any other information that may be usefull to someone that really has no clue...

Sorry if this is a repeat post.

It is generally coordinated by the State Department of Agriculture.
Cost varies from state to state. In NY it's free-or it has been. With this year's budget who knows.
Again in NY it's an annual process. That may vary as well.

Free in Colorado and gives me great access to information at the university. I think it is quite universal that if you want to keep your certification you will need to buy eggs and other birds from certified sources. I know it is true here in Colorado. I also beleive that in most states you need to be NPIP to ship eggs or chicks out of state.

I am trying to get certified. I think your birds need to be retested every year. At least chickens and turkeys. Ducks and geese might be less often.

I just got done taking a certification course here in VA last Saturday. The class was totally free, along with the supplies. I have to be re-certified every 3 years is all. It's a very easy class if you are interested!

Call your local extension office and ask them how to get in touch with the poultry division of your State Lab. They will then be able to set you in the right direction for certification.
smile.png

Quote:
Hi, I live in big clifty, KY. The lady that did my testing is Sue Blair. You would need to contact the state ag department and schedule a test date. It was free. You have to be retested annually for pullorum-typhoid. I also participate in A.I. testing and that is every three months. EVERY chicken over 4 months old must be tested for pullorum-typhoid. 30 chickens must be tested for A.I.

Quote:
Hi, I live in big clifty, KY. The lady that did my testing is Sue Blair. You would need to contact the state ag department and schedule a test date. It was free. You have to be retested annually for pullorum-typhoid. I also participate in A.I. testing and that is every three months. EVERY chicken over 4 months old must be tested for pullorum-typhoid. 30 chickens must be tested for A.I.

Can you Pm me Sues info please. I live in Grant County. Do you know if Ky. has a limit to how many they do free...I have a fairly large flock.
Thanks.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom