NPIP certified

I received this info this morning as to how it's done in TN:

"We can do the NPIP testing... The certification test requires us to test all birds over 4 months of age....

Tina Rogers
Tennessee Dept. of Agriculture
Regulatory Services - Animal Health"

thank you so much. now I guess birds that aren't tested at the time because they are not the right age must be tested later? And I'm absolutely sure thats a dumb question but I'll just be safe.

Quote:
It's easier if you just wait till all birds are old enough. That was the recommendation given to me since I'm in the process of adding to my flock. Meat birds rarely live that long, so it's only the layers/breeders that you have to worry about.

Well I can start selling eggs in a month or so from some of my birds and then ome are chicks, and dad doen't make a big deal out of paying for feed, but I no he'd rather not so i've got to start sellin' now, so I guess they'll just have to come out twice
tongue.png

It's not NPIP that you need in order to sell eggs -- it's a permit to sell "unclassified" eggs. That's a whole different section in the Dept of Ag. You'll need to contact the Food & Dairy department for that info -- 615-837-5103.

Back
Top Bottom