Nugget

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by strangeBUNCH, Mar 24, 2017.

1. strangeBUNCH

strangeBUNCH Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2017
    Boise, Id
    Some one please help in identifying the sex of nugget our golden seabright. Thank you!![​IMG]

2. pineapple416

pineapple416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    Western Washington
    It is really hard for me to tell. We have a 1 year old golden Sebright hen named Primrose. Sebright's are hard to tell the sex of because, as you may already know, the males have hen feathering, and lack the long sickle, saddle, and hackle feathers that males normally have, making them look about the same until their combs come in. The male Sebrights will have much larger combs than the hens, as to be expected with roosters. I am going to guess cockerel, since the comb looks a little big for its age, but I think that you will just have to wait for the comb to grow out and look for signs of crowing, mating, or nesting depending on its sex. Good luck with this little cutie!

1 person likes this.
  3. strangeBUNCH

Mar 24, 2017
    Boise, Id
    Got nugget from a local hatchery here in Idaho. We believe it to be 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. New to backyard chickening but absolutely love it! Got nugget the same time as 2 black sex links. My is our little seabright small in comparison!! Thank you for the help and hope to continue gaining more knowledge!![​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    at this very early age I would guess pullet but it is just a guess. Could all change in a week or two, sweet little bird

5. pineapple416

pineapple416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    Western Washington
    You're welcome! Maybe post another picture in a few weeks. and I might have a better guess.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I would say pullet for now, but rose combed birds can be hard to sex.

1 person likes this.
  7. strangeBUNCH

Mar 24, 2017
    Boise, Id
    [​IMG]

8. strangeBUNCH

Mar 24, 2017
    Boise, Id
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by