Nugget's Chicks@ Two Days Old (PICS-NEW in Post #23)

Quote:
Yes, Jody. I have one blue BR/Ameraucana, which naturally will be a Barred Easter Egger. Can't wait till the feathers come in on that one. I think it's a cockerel, though, just going by the headspot, but being a cross, I could be wrong.

That is so cool!
ya.gif
I can't wait to see it feathered out too. How exciting. I bet "she'll" be beautiful.
love.gif

I'll be selling all of these except maybe one for Nugget to raise up till she gets sick of it, as they tend to do in a few weeks. I have a second broody, my blue Orp, Dusty, and I just finally moved her into the front storage area of the Delaware side in a dog kennel. I tried yesterday, but she kept jumping at the walls and turned over her food so we put her back in with Suede, where she went right back to her nest. Today, we tried it again and she is now sitting on plastic eggs. If she is still settled in the morning, I'll remove the seven Day 16 eggs from the bator and put them underneath her. Cross your fingers that she'll do as well as our wonderful Nugget!

Look at Nugget being such a good mama!

They chicks are a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e Cyn and Nugget being such a good mama even makes them that much more special!
love.gif

Beautiful babies! I have some due this weekend, but in the bator. Both Penny and Big Sissie went broody together but Sissie was sitting on the ducks eggs and they were from the younger female that wasn't fertile. Penny's four eggs she was sitting on vanished one day while I was work, no shells, no sign of broken eggs, just gone. Sissie is still trying to sit though so I'm going find her someone's eggs to sit on, preferably a chicken!

Back
Top Bottom