Nurses, Folks with Medical Experience, Good Guessers even...

could be pooling of water retention in the cells from not moving so much-causing the bulge that is growing to press on nerves-so hopefully when it gets drained the pressure will be relieved and so will the pain from pressing the nerve?

Quote:
thats what I thought. my friend works in home health care and one of her patients gets them, he now has some kind of squishy pad he sits on.

bed sore is what I was thinking also, I use to care for a lady that was bed fast she got a bed sore on her hip and it had to be debreifed( top removed) bed sore was not our fault we would turn her and she would turn back on her hip, anyway, she was in terrible pain they look like a huge bruise with a lump under it like a massive boil, one the top was taken off it healed in no time flat and her pain went away

As a nurse, Ive seen enough bed sores, sounds like abcess. But from what. At 89, you don't metabolize pain meds as well, fat stores, liver and kidneys all play a role. A simple procedure can be life threatning or just permanently alter your mental status. (Sorry I work 3rd and am tired.) At this point in life we try to stress quality of life. I have seen repaired hips go septic years after repair. Did he receive any injections in the hip that could have caused the bruising due to blood thinners thenn poss for whatever reason an abcess? Either way beekissed is right, what is your goal and what does he want.

Thank you all. What we have learned thus far is that they believe that he did in fact have a clot at the site of a stent in his hip.
The clot then went to his heart shortly after midnight last night. He suffered a massive heart attack and was brought back with the 'paddles'...sorry, words are escaping me.
His DNR (?) states that he wanted to be 'brought back' once, so now its just a matter of time.

His BP at 1pm was 60/40 and at last update 40/40. His body is filling with fluids which makes me think his kidney/liver are beginning to shut down due to the BP.

His eyes are open but he can not see the people in the room and he is hallucinating. I know that he is tired so I am praying for his peaceful transition to the next part of his journey.

I am still stunned that the end came so quickly and brutally...or so it feels.

Thank you to everyone who commented. I appreciate that you took time to help.

Kim

aww Kim
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom