Nurture Right 360 Egg Incubator help

ChickadeeGurlz

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2020
Hello! I have the incubator for my quail eggs and have no idea where to get a smaller egg turning tray for the smaller eggs. Also am new and wondering it says not to use eggs older then 7 days to incubate but sometimes when collecting I don't have enough to fill incubator within 7 days and then all the eggs produced in the time one batch is incubating are all unable to be incubated? That seems like a lot of eggs I can't use. Am I just not understanding what to do correctly? What is the best method everyone uses for a successful incubation of quail eggs? I have tried watching videos but they only show the hatch I need all the details....Please help.

The best advice is to get to know your incubator.
Get calibrated thermometers in there and let it run for a week straight and watch it closely.
Also buy a separate humidity gauge and salt test it.

Where about in the world are you located?

Hello! I have the incubator for my quail eggs and have no idea where to get a smaller egg turning tray for the smaller eggs. Also am new and wondering it says not to use eggs older then 7 days to incubate but sometimes when collecting I don't have enough to fill incubator within 7 days and then all the eggs produced in the time one batch is incubating are all unable to be incubated? That seems like a lot of eggs I can't use. Am I just not understanding what to do correctly? What is the best method everyone uses for a successful incubation of quail eggs? I have tried watching videos but they only show the hatch I need all the details....Please help.
I use this incubator with the regular turner, last hatch I put 2 in each slot for about half the slots(I had 36 eggs). There was no success difference between single and double space eggs. My eggs were lost in the mail for 6 days, I put them in my incubator the night of day 9. These eggs were also ordered on eBay, and the seller said to expect about a 40% hatch rate before the eggs were lost. I assume the rates go down every day they were lost somewhere. In all I ended up with 23 pipping, 21 hatching, and overall 19 lived and thrived. I now have my second generation in the same incubator and it’s been a week, they are all developing beautifully, and I just collected eggs for 4 days and put them in a bowl on the counter haha. I read all about tip down, leaning them etc after I set mine.

Here’s my thread of the current hatch with pics of the incubator with eggs in it and candling yesterday:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/just-put-my-second-generation-in-the-incubator.1398469/

Last edited:
I use this incubator with the regular turner, last hatch I put 2 in each slot for about half the slots(I had 36 eggs). There was no success difference between single and double space eggs. My eggs were lost in the mail for 6 days, I put them in my incubator the night of day 9. These eggs were also ordered on eBay, and the seller said to expect about a 40% hatch rate before the eggs were lost. I assume the rates go down every day they were lost somewhere. In all I ended up with 23 pipping, 21 hatching, and overall 19 lived and thrived. I now have my second generation in the same incubator and it’s been a week, they are all developing beautifully, and I just collected eggs for 4 days and put them in a bowl on the counter haha. I read all about tip down, leaning them etc after I set mine.

Here’s my thread of the current hatch with pics of the incubator with eggs in it and candling yesterday:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/just-put-my-second-generation-in-the-incubator.1398469/
Thank you so much for the info!! 🤗

Thank you so much for the info!! 🤗
I tried two eggs per slot and one egg as well and when it rotates the egg it rolls them all around and now they are not sitting in the proper direction. How do you keep them from doing that with yours? I've read they have to stay with tip of egg facing to the center?

Back
Top Bottom