Nurture Right 360 Egg Incubator help

ChickadeeGurlz

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2020
Hello! I have the incubator for my quail eggs and have no idea where to get a smaller egg turning tray for the smaller eggs. Also am new and wondering it says not to use eggs older then 7 days to incubate but sometimes when collecting I don't have enough to fill incubator within 7 days and then all the eggs produced in the time one batch is incubating are all unable to be incubated? That seems like a lot of eggs I can't use. Am I just not understanding what to do correctly? What is the best method everyone uses for a successful incubation of quail eggs? I have tried watching videos but they only show the hatch I need all the details....Please help.

The best advice is to get to know your incubator.
Get calibrated thermometers in there and let it run for a week straight and watch it closely.
Also buy a separate humidity gauge and salt test it.

Where about in the world are you located?

Hello! I have the incubator for my quail eggs and have no idea where to get a smaller egg turning tray for the smaller eggs. Also am new and wondering it says not to use eggs older then 7 days to incubate but sometimes when collecting I don't have enough to fill incubator within 7 days and then all the eggs produced in the time one batch is incubating are all unable to be incubated? That seems like a lot of eggs I can't use. Am I just not understanding what to do correctly? What is the best method everyone uses for a successful incubation of quail eggs? I have tried watching videos but they only show the hatch I need all the details....Please help.
I use this incubator with the regular turner, last hatch I put 2 in each slot for about half the slots(I had 36 eggs). There was no success difference between single and double space eggs. My eggs were lost in the mail for 6 days, I put them in my incubator the night of day 9. These eggs were also ordered on eBay, and the seller said to expect about a 40% hatch rate before the eggs were lost. I assume the rates go down every day they were lost somewhere. In all I ended up with 23 pipping, 21 hatching, and overall 19 lived and thrived. I now have my second generation in the same incubator and it’s been a week, they are all developing beautifully, and I just collected eggs for 4 days and put them in a bowl on the counter haha. I read all about tip down, leaning them etc after I set mine.

Here’s my thread of the current hatch with pics of the incubator with eggs in it and candling yesterday:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/just-put-my-second-generation-in-the-incubator.1398469/

Last edited:
I use this incubator with the regular turner, last hatch I put 2 in each slot for about half the slots(I had 36 eggs). There was no success difference between single and double space eggs. My eggs were lost in the mail for 6 days, I put them in my incubator the night of day 9. These eggs were also ordered on eBay, and the seller said to expect about a 40% hatch rate before the eggs were lost. I assume the rates go down every day they were lost somewhere. In all I ended up with 23 pipping, 21 hatching, and overall 19 lived and thrived. I now have my second generation in the same incubator and it’s been a week, they are all developing beautifully, and I just collected eggs for 4 days and put them in a bowl on the counter haha. I read all about tip down, leaning them etc after I set mine.

Here’s my thread of the current hatch with pics of the incubator with eggs in it and candling yesterday:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/just-put-my-second-generation-in-the-incubator.1398469/
Thank you so much for the info!! 🤗

Back
Top Bottom