Nurture Right 360 temp fluctuating

This makes me think that the room doesn't have stable temperature. If no one is moving at night, opening doors, etc, it keeps your temperature in the house more stable.
I would try moving it a closet or area with a controlled temperature and see if anything changes.
Do you keep the house cooler at night? I have the house set at 68 during the waking hours, and 65 at night. If your heating unit is failing it may have trouble reaching the higher temps at night because the room temp is colder, then during the day, the room temp gets warmer, and goes up to the temp it’s been striving for. Even if it’s set at 99, it might not measure the temp properly, so it’s hard to say what exact temp it’s trying to reach. Either way, mine doesn’t do this, so I think there’s something wrong with yours. I keep my house relatively cold because we have an amphibious pet that needs the water temp 70 or below to be happy, and the front door is often held open just 3-4 feet from the bator by my kids as they come and go, and the temp stays steady. I’ve had mine for 2 years and I’ve been concerned about getting a new one when this one dies, because I have heard some complaints about temp. But last year, I got a second one for about a week, because the brinsea I ordered was on back order and I had eggs shipped that needed to be set. The new one worked equally well to the first, and I even considered switching them and returning the old one in the new ones box haha, but I thought that might get me bad retail karma.

Are you sure its not the Govee that is inaccurate? I purchased a Govee for a different incubator I used a while back and had the exact same experience. Did you calibrate the Govee? Look at this thread I made a while ago, I tallied the experience of everyone who had an NR, and asked if the temperature/humidity gauge was accurate.
Thread- https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/nr360-temperature-accuracy-experiences.1465053/
I has the govee testing my brooder Temps before and it was very consistent, but I will definitely try recalibration! I'm going to go ahead and return this incubator and grab a new one just to be safe though....

Do you keep the house cooler at night? I have the house set at 68 during the waking hours, and 65 at night. If your heating unit is failing it may have trouble reaching the higher temps at night because the room temp is colder, then during the day, the room temp gets warmer, and goes up to the temp it’s been striving for. Even if it’s set at 99, it might not measure the temp properly, so it’s hard to say what exact temp it’s trying to reach. Either way, mine doesn’t do this, so I think there’s something wrong with yours. I keep my house relatively cold because we have an amphibious pet that needs the water temp 70 or below to be happy, and the front door is often held open just 3-4 feet from the bator by my kids as they come and go, and the temp stays steady. I’ve had mine for 2 years and I’ve been concerned about getting a new one when this one dies, because I have heard some complaints about temp. But last year, I got a second one for about a week, because the brinsea I ordered was on back order and I had eggs shipped that needed to be set. The new one worked equally well to the first, and I even considered switching them and returning the old one in the new ones box haha, but I thought that might get me bad retail karma.
The heater doesn't reach the room the incubator is in, so the only temp changes are from regular old day night. We don't get huge fluctuations and at the time the temp was coldest last night in the house, the incubator was at 99.3 :/

Here's a visual representation of me losing my mind. No one entered or left the room during this time, the door and window stayed closed. The only thing that may have moved is the cat and he doesn't mess with the stuff on the desk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-121928_Govee Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-121928_Govee Home.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 14
Hey all!
I have a Nurture Right 360 incubator that I'm getting prepped for some eggs I should be receiving next week. However, I am getting a LOT of temperature fluctuation.
I left it this morning and my Govee was reading 100.0, I checked my Govee in an hour ish and it was at 100.7 so I had my bf lower the incubator temp by .5 before he left.
It was stable at 99.9 for another hour and a half before suddenly dropping to 97.5.

Can anyone offer some tips for keeping the temp from going crazy? It's on a desk, with the only window in the room closed, and behind a screen to keep the sun from cooking it.
I'm on day 2 of lock down and pipping has begun on 5 of the 40 quail eggs in my Nurture Right 360. I discovered the internal temp will change due to what ever humidity is happening. DO NOT TRUST EITHER THE MANUFATURERS TEMP OR HUMIDITY INDICATOR. THE READINGS ARE FALSE! ALWAYS ALWAYS GET A GOVEE OR SUPPLEMENTAL HUMIDITY AND TEMP GAUGE INSIDE OF THE nr360. I had to keep my nr360 at 102.5 to sustain a 99.1 temp on the inside. The humidity reading is normally 5 or more points lower on the nr360 verses the supplemental one you purchase. Yup, it's scarry. I like the NR360 for its appearance but it does not keep on its own accurate readings. No matter what you do to it. Thus each day prior to lock down and now even at lock down, I had to twice daily, keep tabs on it. Mainly for me, keeping it at 102.5 F, I was in the safety zone. Always for quail, internal temp must be between 90 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It can fluctuate either way by 5 degrees. But never below 99 or above 100F. Perhaps someday, I will upgrade and spend money on a Brinsea Incubator. They have a great tract record. Kevin on Living Traditions Homestead highly recommends it. He can be found on You Tube.

Hey all!
I have a Nurture Right 360 incubator that I'm getting prepped for some eggs I should be receiving next week. However, I am getting a LOT of temperature fluctuation.
I left it this morning and my Govee was reading 100.0, I checked my Govee in an hour ish and it was at 100.7 so I had my bf lower the incubator temp by .5 before he left.
It was stable at 99.9 for another hour and a half before suddenly dropping to 97.5.

Can anyone offer some tips for keeping the temp from going crazy? It's on a desk, with the only window in the room closed, and behind a screen to keep the sun from cooking it.
Hello, did you resolve your problems? How was the hatching for that batch? I got NR360, and Govee, and I found the same issue, then I realized it might be because of the auto turning. When the temp change happened to you, did it normally last an hour?

I'm on day 2 of lock down and pipping has begun on 5 of the 40 quail eggs in my Nurture Right 360. I discovered the internal temp will change due to what ever humidity is happening. DO NOT TRUST EITHER THE MANUFATURERS TEMP OR HUMIDITY INDICATOR. THE READINGS ARE FALSE! ALWAYS ALWAYS GET A GOVEE OR SUPPLEMENTAL HUMIDITY AND TEMP GAUGE INSIDE OF THE nr360. I had to keep my nr360 at 102.5 to sustain a 99.1 temp on the inside. The humidity reading is normally 5 or more points lower on the nr360 verses the supplemental one you purchase. Yup, it's scarry. I like the NR360 for its appearance but it does not keep on its own accurate readings. No matter what you do to it. Thus each day prior to lock down and now even at lock down, I had to twice daily, keep tabs on it. Mainly for me, keeping it at 102.5 F, I was in the safety zone. Always for quail, internal temp must be between 90 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It can fluctuate either way by 5 degrees. But never below 99 or above 100F. Perhaps someday, I will upgrade and spend money on a Brinsea Incubator. They have a great tract record. Kevin on Living Traditions Homestead highly recommends it. He can be found on You Tube.
Thank you for this bit of wisdom.

This year I’m having issues with my NR 360. I already do have a good thermometer/hygrometer in there and learned to simply adjust the temp one degree higher. That worked well for 2.5 years.

This year, however, I’m having issues at hatch. Most of the incubation is being done in a large cooler-bator. I set up the NR 360 and move the eggs over at lockdown. Things are fine until eggs hatch. Humidity goes over 80% and temp drops to 87-95’F. The alarm goes off …. I reboot, temp starts to go back up, I go back to bed, alarm goes off again, repeat. I also noticed that a mini hatch of 3-4 eggs has less alarms than a larger hatch of 20 eggs.

My theory is the high humidity is playing tricks on the electrical components. Any advice? Has anyone tried only filling B at lockdown? Or taken it apart?

hey @Coop-de-doop - looks like you aren't the only one. I have been seeing this problem with the NR often as of late. Seems to always be an hour when the temp falls. Because it turns every hour, it is likely that it is a cold spot.

If you all wanted to really find out what the deal is, get two Govees and put them across from each other. This should easily identify if it a cold spot or the entire machine going cold.

I also noticed that a mini hatch of 3-4 eggs has less alarms than a larger hatch of 20 eggs.
I have discovered when Introducing new, sopping wet chicks to the climate it naturally increase the humidity.

I use the Little Giant Deluxe (cooler style) mainly, for the entire hatch and have learned to adjust. It has two vents and multiple water channels in different sizes. Durning normal incubation I have one large channel full and one vent open. At lockdown I fill another smaller channel and leave the second vent closed. When chicks start hatching and humidity starts to rise, i open and close the second vent as needed. We live in the high desert, and The second vent is how I typically account for season humidity changes.

Oh boy
hey @Coop-de-doop - looks like you aren't the only one. I have been seeing this problem with the NR often as of late. Seems to always be an hour when the temp falls. Because it turns every hour, it is likely that it is a cold spot.

If you all wanted to really find out what the deal is, get two Govees and put them across from each other. This should easily identify if it a cold spot or the entire machine going cold.
Oh boy. I wonder if this is why they offered a $40 off coupon 😒

Back
Top Bottom