Nurture Right 360

Rain1234

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2023
Has anyone dealt with the Nurture Right 360 having drastic temperature differences from inner ring to outer ring? My inner ring is 2 degrees warmer than my outer ring and if I adjust it to be what it’s supposed to be temperature wise on the outside than the middle temperature is way too high.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 5.55.04 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 5.55.04 PM.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 49
Has anyone dealt with the Nurture Right 360 having drastic temperature differences from inner ring to outer ring? My inner ring is 2 degrees warmer than my outer ring and if I adjust it to be what it’s supposed to be temperature wise on the outside than the middle temperature is way too high.
I've had pretty successful hatches from them but I am learning that although they're viewing is wonderful their insulation is terrible. Either keep them in a small room with a precise ambient or insulate them. Try wrapping and let it stabilize. See if that helps. I used a towel but I see there's some pretty cute wraps if you want to spend a bit. And I thought it would be best if I left the top and the air vents uncovered. So far so good.

Attachments

• 17114922240157433343642040639474.jpg
    17114922240157433343642040639474.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 17114923154773989232799295491817.jpg
    17114923154773989232799295491817.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 17114923491238215504999361519288.jpg
    17114923491238215504999361519288.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 6
I've had pretty successful hatches from them but I am learning that although they're viewing is wonderful their insulation is terrible. Either keep them in a small room with a precise ambient or insulate them. Try wrapping and let it stabilize. See if that helps. I used a towel but I see there's some pretty cute wraps if you want to spend a bit. And I thought it would be best if I left the top and the air vents uncovered. So far so good.
I have it sitting on a heating pad. The problem is that there is a drastic difference in temp from the middle to the outside perimeter. It holds the temperature fine but if I turn the temperature up to have the outer wall at a safe temperature than the middle is way too high.

I feel like one will
I have it sitting on a heating pad. The problem is that there is a drastic difference in temp from the middle to the outside perimeter. It holds the temperature fine but if I turn the temperature up to have the outer wall at a safe temperature than the middle is way too high.
I have not had that experience. I would say it's either your incubator or the ambient temperature surrounding it. I would totally do a wrap before a heating pad though. Because I feel like having that heat come up through your water is going to make humidity tougher to manage. Insulated walls would make it all more stable than a heated floor.

Wow I would never recommend sitting an incubator on a heating pad. I'd remove that asap. Are the thermometers you're using calibrated?

Wow I would never recommend sitting an incubator on a heating pad. I'd remove that asap. Are the thermometers you're using calibrated?
Yes the hygrometers are calibrated. Setting the incubator on a heating pad on low is a standard procedure I’ve always used in an air conditioned house. You can see YouTube videos where people recommend it and get 100% hatches. Before I started doing the heating pads I was getting terrible hatch rates and couldn’t maintain a stable temperature

It wouldn’t be any different than setting it on a towel as some do except it keeps the “towel” warm

I didnt notice a big temperature change in mine the first time.
I will be hatching next month and i wil see if there is a change.
The room i initially had mine in before getting the eggs i hatched last was around 80 degrees and was making them temo go up so i moved it to a different room that was 70-73 degrees and it worked fine the whole time.

I disagree on the heat coming through the floor. But I'm not going to swear by that because I'm not a scientist. I'd say if you're doing it that way and having a hard time try wrapping it instead and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't well then it's back to square one and we can all scratch our heads together.

Back
Top Bottom