NY chicken lover!!!!

sad.png
a fox made off with one of my buff Orpington hens last night. The downside of raising birds.

So sorry...

TOB

Evening all! Hope everyone is battened down for the coming mess of tomorrow. I have to work of course. Gave the big cheeps the leftovers this morning and opened up a can of corn and one of green beans (unsalted) and mixed them up and gave them to the silkies. Everything was eaten when I got back from work today. I freshened up the terrorist coop and everyone got their food and water loaded up so they can stay in tomorrow. I have to leave so early that it is better to keep them cooped then worry about them while I am at work. I am getting my new silkie girl this week! Cant wait to see her!

ag29ande--sorry to hear of your loss. Everything is looking for food right now.

Rancher--as usual, nice pics of your coops.

Be well everyone!

sad.png
a fox made off with one of my buff Orpington hens last night. The downside of raising birds.

It can be, but doesn't have to be if precautions are taken. I'm not saying the weren't. Only you know that. However I would not just cough it up to being a downside of raising chickens either.

I am sorry for your loss,

Rancher

Its funny when folks see all my chickens out and say "Wow, that's a lot of chickens", and I think heck that ain't nothing compared to what some other folks have.

They also think it's a lot of work to take care of them but I don't see it as work. They play golf , which I think is a waste of good time and nothing to show for it. I raise chickens and feed family and friends who play golf.

I just go out on a good day with a pitcher of lemonade, a lawn chair, magazine and take lots of breaks.

Though right now it's would have to be a thermos of hot cocoa, an electric fire place, blanket and magazine and do nothing but sit there and watch the birds.
lau.gif

It's funny too that I don't have a cat cuz I can't clean a litter box but I have chickens. Cat's never leave behind anything worth having. Hairballs and poop.

Nice birds Stony.

Back
Top Bottom