NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Tough Old Bird

Tough Old Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Welcome HSC - it's extra nice to talk to our NY "neighbors." [​IMG]

TOB

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    has anyone other than me clicked on the Tide ad? Well I don't appreciate being used on BYC. It take your information and then you get no sample.

These ads are just phishing for information to fill up your spam folder. I no longer trust them.

3. ag29ande

ag29ande Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2013
    Delanson, ny
    Welcome HSC!

4. ag29ande

ag29ande Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2013
    Delanson, ny
    Annie,

Do you know of anyone in the area with b/b/s orpingtons? Hatching eggs, chicks, or birds?

thanks!!

5. Tough Old Bird

Tough Old Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Over the years on the internet, I have become pretty gun shy of any ads, especially pop-ups. I'm getting better and better at just ignoring them all together!

While bleary eyed and running late one morning (before the 1st cup of coffee, in my defense!), I clicked on what I normally would have recognized as a suspicious email. Unfortunately, someone immediately got all my email contacts, including my online banking sites. At that point, they began trying in earnest to get personal financial info from me by sending fake banking notices that were actually quite realistic. I had to cancel some credit cards and have the numbers reissued. I forwarded some of the shady emails to my credit card companies' fraud departments. I am wicked careful nowadays. Just ignore the ads...don't even look at them!

TOB

6. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I have cleaned this computer but I would expect BYC to choose better sponsors. Not subject it's members to such things.

ag29ande - I have one BBS orp hen from AL. Unfortunately this time round the incu has only one egg in it and I can't be sure it's hers since I have four Lav hens in with her also. They have two black orp roos with them.

I hope to hatch just that coop next time round.

7. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I do not know of anyone now but I will keep my eyes open for you!

8. HSCMorgans

HSCMorgans Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Bath, NY Steuben County
    Hi there,

I currently have Brahmas, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Gold Laced Wyandottes and Barred Rocks.... Love them all!!!!

9. Adoravachick

Adoravachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Near Cobleskill, NY
    Waiting for chicks to hatch.....[​IMG]This group seems to be waiting for their debut.

10. Glasshen

Glasshen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    La Fayette, NY
    Rancher, a few months ago I responded to a n with an opportunity to win money. I, like you expected BYC to screen the ads. The ad was of the gather info then never really give you anything variety. I complained to the moderators and was told that they had nothing to do with the ads,they came from Google. I was very grumbly for a long time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by