NY chicken lover!!!!

Gramma - I have thought of the clothes line thing. In fact there is one out there. A round one but I can't find the instructions to put the line on it. I tried but gave up and now it just sits there. I may try again.

I am planning a scare crow or two. If I use my clothes it will keep anything away. Nothing worse than the smell of old. 'Sides it will give me an excuse to buy new clothes.
wink.png

I have got to look up that 12 egg pound cake and see if I can't print it out.

I'm off for the week too but Lord have mercy it will be too cold to be out there. If I had a barn I'd put warm clothes on and to sit and read a magazine or two.

The incubator is loaded. More than 50. We'll have to see how many make the cut on Sat. I candle over a succession of days. To many to candle all at once. Temp 100.9* humidity 35% Room temp is 80* .
fl.gif

Now I have to tell you. I prayed my SIL would get a on the books job and he starts tonight.. I will be praying he makes his probation period too. DD applied for a job at D. Donuts but hasn't heard. It may mean my babysitting the Queen but I'm up for it. She's nearly 3 and I'm sure will be potty trained soon.

We like to watch Dinosaur Train together. She because she learns about dinosaurs and me because it takes me back to my younger days.
gig.gif

I saw the amounts going into the bowl and put them in my biggest mixing bowl. Pound cake is a good keeper and freezes beautifully. Wrap in individual pieces of plastic wrap and save for later....so good to come home from a busy day and have tea and cake!!!! Or put dried blueberries in the cake(or fresh) then top with lemon syrup. Yum again....you could easily half the recipe and use 2 small loaf pans....I used a large angel food cake pan.
I use those tiny little loaf pans and make a pile of them to freeze.

free roosters (new woodstock)

3014.png
3015.png
3014.png

3015.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

Powered by LeafletTerms
2427 stanton rd
free to a good home. 1 year old healthy handsome roosters. we thought they were chickens when we bought them as chicks...now we know. If you need a rooster we have a good one for you.

This is what happens when you don't do your research.
lau.gif

Last edited:
eggs, and pigs - $2 (new woodstock and surrounding areas)

eggs, and pigspigs and piglets pastured and happy come see the farm. Limited number for whole ready now call and let's talk prices.
Eggs and half or whole pigs available also American game hen flock looking to downsize.
86 or so black and white trial haul boat star craft I/o motor ran last year need it gone without trailer150
2001 Dixon 48in zero turn lawn mower1300

what are pigspigs?

Hey Rancher,

Our district's high school have large German Shepherd cutouts on the grounds that are there to deter geese. They are very noticeable, even from the road as I drive by the sports fields. The first time I drove by and noticed one, I did a double take, thinking it was real.

Check out this clip. The product is shown in the first few seconds, so you don't need to invest much time watching, unless you care to learn more.

http://www.watchdoggoosepatrol.com/

I don't know if it would be effective on hawks, but I would think it might work quite well. Like anything else, they might catch on after a while.

I would wonder if the cutouts might give you chickens palpitations, though...

TOB

eggs, and pigs - $2 (new woodstock and surrounding areas)

eggs, and pigspigs and piglets pastured and happy come see the farm. Limited number for whole ready now call and let's talk prices.
Eggs and half or whole pigs available also American game hen flock looking to downsize.
86 or so black and white trial haul boat star craft I/o motor ran last year need it gone without trailer150
2001 Dixon 48in zero turn lawn mower1300

what are pigspigs?

LOL! You can see why punctuation is so important! A few periods placed properly gives this crazy ad whole new (and sane) meaning! Gave me a laugh again, Rancher!

TOB

Now I have to tell you. I prayed my SIL would get a on the books job and he starts tonight.. I will be praying he makes his probation period too. DD applied for a job at D. Donuts but hasn't heard. It may mean my babysitting the Queen but I'm up for it. She's nearly 3 and I'm sure will be potty trained soon.
Congratulations to your son-in-law, and sending good job luck vibes to your daughter!

*brushes New Job Luck onto them*

Yes, peeps, that's right - I have A NEW JOB! I'm jumping ship and going from Rite Aid to CVS in Delmar, NY for an overnight position. 7 on, 7 off, almost no patient contact, warm body filling scripts and spiffing the place up - yes, please! So, I have New Job Luck to spread!

Hey Rancher,

Our district's high school have large German Shepherd cutouts on the grounds that are there to deter geese. They are very noticeable, even from the road as I drive by the sports fields. The first time I drove by and noticed one, I did a double take, thinking it was real.

Check out this clip. The product is shown in the first few seconds, so you don't need to invest much time watching, unless you care to learn more.

http://www.watchdoggoosepatrol.com/

I don't know if it would be effective on hawks, but I would think it might work quite well. Like anything else, they might catch on after a while.

I would wonder if the cutouts might give you chickens palpitations, though...

TOB

It just might help you know.

I was just thinking that perhaps I can buy some plexiglass and make a box to put over the top of a chicken and leave it in the yard. I wonder if the Preds eyesight would be enough to notice or if it would hit that thing in a flying streak?

Oh i wish I was rich. I would so like to try it and see.

Back
Top Bottom