NY chicken lover!!!!

WINTER BREAK!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

What will I do with myself for a week?

What is the other end attached to? Anything? How wide is the pipe? Do you have a dry well? It's going down and away from the house? My guess... clothes washer, sinks, shower, etc. Some people bypass a dry well and hose it outside somewhere. Illegal, but it's done.
It's not hooked up to anything. It's a completely random pipe and it's nowwhere near the house. It's possible that the previous owner "disconnected" whatever he had going on when he bought the place. From what I understand, he used to remodel and paint cars in the small barn. There is no running water or drainage of any kind, my question is, how did he clean all of the equipment without running water or a drain? I suppose chemical solvents could have been used, but again, how was that disposed of? I hope not down the little stream.

What is the other end attached to? Anything? How wide is the pipe? Do you have a dry well? It's going down and away from the house? My guess... clothes washer, sinks, shower, etc. Some people bypass a dry well and hose it outside somewhere. Illegal, but it's done.
Yes it is illegal, however, in the droughts we have sometimes in the summer, I have been known to detach the washer from the septic system and water my flowers with grey water. I would rather do this than not water my outside flowers, or worse have my pump go dry by using fresh well water....however, running a grey water system so it dumps in or near and creek, never!!!!!

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I was down at the creek that runs on the left side of our property. from the back and down the hill next to the driveway. I happened to notice a black pvc pipe, it looked more like a hose running down along the creek and fixed low on the trunks of some of the trees. The piping just stops down at the end of the driveway. I found more of this piping in our small shed down by the creek. This was all left by the previous owner of the home. Any ideas on what it was used for?
Does the house have a sump pump? Might have been where the sump pump water was pumped to. Usually people put it as far from the house as possible when it exits the hosing.

Okay my fellow peeps, a word to the wise about the 12 egg pound cake. First, make sure you have a gigantic mixing bowl otherwise you will be looking for one after you get the eggs and butter and sugar mixed. Second, it doesnt fit in a regular loaf pan but will in a big stoneware bundt pan. Oh, and this thing is big!!! I will have to share it with everyone because dh and I could never eat it all! The lemon sauce on it is devine, Ginny. I was thinking that maybe blueberry sauce with vanilla icecream would be nice too.

Froze my you know what off this morning letting out the cheeps and filling waterers and feeders. The wind is really whipping here so the windchill is low despite the sun. I keep expecting to see my chickens blowing by screaming help meeee! as they are blown into the next county. And they are in their runs.

I ate the ginormous egg today. It was a double yolker. Beautiful though. Ate it straight up, no enhancement needed. Polished up 2 dozen for delivery tomorrow. Going to heat up the fat drippings from the roaster I made and add some goodies to it and have dh deliver to all the cheeps. He likes to be popular one. I am the mean chicken momma. Yet I am the one who cooks for them. Go figure.

Here is snack time at the ranch approx 4:00 pm

Oh whats this ? A Open Door ? Lets Come in ..

Hmm
..This is somehow familiar ..Like we have been here before ?
It looks Smaller ! ( This is the room we had them in for their 1st month with us .)

Me " No Pooping in the house ! "

Ohhh Well Okay we will just Leave then !

Last edited:
Okay my fellow peeps, a word to the wise about the 12 egg pound cake. First, make sure you have a gigantic mixing bowl otherwise you will be looking for one after you get the eggs and butter and sugar mixed. Second, it doesnt fit in a regular loaf pan but will in a big stoneware bundt pan. Oh, and this thing is big!!! I will have to share it with everyone because dh and I could never eat it all! The lemon sauce on it is devine, Ginny. I was thinking that maybe blueberry sauce with vanilla icecream would be nice too.

Froze my you know what off this morning letting out the cheeps and filling waterers and feeders. The wind is really whipping here so the windchill is low despite the sun. I keep expecting to see my chickens blowing by screaming help meeee! as they are blown into the next county. And they are in their runs.

I ate the ginormous egg today. It was a double yolker. Beautiful though. Ate it straight up, no enhancement needed. Polished up 2 dozen for delivery tomorrow. Going to heat up the fat drippings from the roaster I made and add some goodies to it and have dh deliver to all the cheeps. He likes to be popular one. I am the mean chicken momma. Yet I am the one who cooks for them. Go figure.
I saw the amounts going into the bowl and put them in my biggest mixing bowl. Pound cake is a good keeper and freezes beautifully. Wrap in individual pieces of plastic wrap and save for later....so good to come home from a busy day and have tea and cake!!!! Or put dried blueberries in the cake(or fresh) then top with lemon syrup. Yum again....you could easily half the recipe and use 2 small loaf pans....I used a large angel food cake pan.

Electric fences
Have you tried wind socks ? or something similar ? Maybe a long strip of colored cloth ? Something that blows in the wind ..to put them off guard . I have my old blankets on the closeline . The Close line is near the coop...They are whipping in the wind right now ..Chickens dont pay any attention to them . im sure they spook predators by their almost constant movement.
I like the scarecrow idea too !
Froze my you know what off this morning letting out the cheeps and filling waterers and feeders. I made and add some goodies to it and have dh deliver to all the cheeps. He likes to be popular one. I am the mean chicken momma. Yet I am the one who cooks for them. Go figure.

NOT ME : I freeze my fingers & toes..the rest of the areas are well padded !
Nice of you to let your husband share..Mine says he hates chickens ..
Yet he lets them out to free range if I sleep in ...Has been know to feed them treats .
He hates me to say chicken poop ! so I have invented a new name for it chicken pies ! Like Cow pies ! LOL
Quote: It sounds to me like drainage for the driveway . Water may have built up there at one time ..The town may have fixed the problem so it no longer applies . We had the same situation when we first moved in . Our house was built in a former field ..water built up at first there it doesnt now .

WINTER BREAK!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

What will I do with myself for a week?

spend quality time with the chickens !

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I was down at the creek that runs on the left side of our property. from the back and down the hill next to the driveway. I happened to notice a black pvc pipe, it looked more like a hose running down along the creek and fixed low on the trunks of some of the trees. The piping just stops down at the end of the driveway. I found more of this piping in our small shed down by the creek. This was all left by the previous owner of the home. Any ideas on what it was used for?

They very well may be for sap. I'd suggest you talk to the neighbors. See what they have to say.

There was a recent Yahoo story where some one called the cops thinking there was a meth lab. Turned out they were just tapping the trees for maple sap. Lord are people ignorant today or what?

The agency came storming into their drive.

Back
Top Bottom