NY chicken lover!!!!

when I saw how many predators were out last spring and that the coons bred twice last year I knew this was coming...rabies. I knew it. Killed 16 coons myself last year after my chickens. 1 fox. Many other preds as well. I should call my trappingbuddy and see how he is doing on my land. But anyway... I saw a rabies outbreak as inevitable. Hopefully here with the population under contro a bit more it won't be a problem.

Happens..... people don't trap or hunt as much, and nature has an evil evil way of dealing with that.

when I saw how many predators were out last spring and that the coons bred twice last year I knew this was coming...rabies. I knew it. Killed 16 coons myself last year after my chickens. 1 fox. Many other preds as well. I should call my trappingbuddy and see how he is doing on my land. But anyway... I saw a rabies outbreak as inevitable. Hopefully here with the population under contro a bit more it won't be a problem.

Happens..... people don't trap or hunt as much, and nature has an evil evil way of dealing with that.

I agree, Mother nature will cull her own.....

Hope you don't mind if I chime in...

I've been lucky with predators..... so far just one attack by my neighbors dog last spring... We live in the middle of no where... the dog that attacked was from a quarter mile away. We see fox crossing the horse pastures, even playing around the paddock areas but they have yet to bother the chickens! I'm afraid my day is coming!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I was down at the creek that runs on the left side of our property. from the back and down the hill next to the driveway. I happened to notice a black pvc pipe, it looked more like a hose running down along the creek and fixed low on the trunks of some of the trees. The piping just stops down at the end of the driveway. I found more of this piping in our small shed down by the creek. This was all left by the previous owner of the home. Any ideas on what it was used for?

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I was down at the creek that runs on the left side of our property. from the back and down the hill next to the driveway. I happened to notice a black pvc pipe, it looked more like a hose running down along the creek and fixed low on the trunks of some of the trees. The piping just stops down at the end of the driveway. I found more of this piping in our small shed down by the creek. This was all left by the previous owner of the home. Any ideas on what it was
Pipe or hose? Maple sap collectors?(of course you need to have maple trees for that theory!!)

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I was down at the creek that runs on the left side of our property. from the back and down the hill next to the driveway. I happened to notice a black pvc pipe, it looked more like a hose running down along the creek and fixed low on the trunks of some of the trees. The piping just stops down at the end of the driveway. I found more of this piping in our small shed down by the creek. This was all left by the previous owner of the home. Any ideas on what it was used for?

What is the other end attached to? Anything? How wide is the pipe? Do you have a dry well? It's going down and away from the house? My guess... clothes washer, sinks, shower, etc. Some people bypass a dry well and hose it outside somewhere. Illegal, but it's done.

Back
Top Bottom