NY chicken lover!!!!

Good Morning! I was wondering if any of you owned a Ameraucana rooster and would be willing to part with one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good Morning! I was wondering if any of you owned a Ameraucana rooster and would be willing to part with one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have an EE roo. Got him last year with the hen that decided to become roadkill yesterday. He is an outcast of the flock because I separated him when he was too rowdy with the girls last year (he matured quicker than the girls), then gave him away as Amish Dinner. Obviously he escaped and now hangs on the outskirts, waiting for a hen to get far enough from the GLW boys to have a go at her. I'll see if I have a pic of him at home, he does have a beard.

Good morning all.
Well got bored and took some more pics. today so enjoy. These are my TSC red pullet bin, 2 makeshift silkies, 1 bantam, 1 leghorn?

first up my no hair poof no leg feather silkie. daughter named rosey. after her aunt rose

next up just a group of reds with wifes bantam

my sons golden red pullet. cant wait for it to get done growing see if I cant figure out what it takes after.

my white leghorn.

daughters other silkie "fuzzy" this is after a trim around eyes and some blue kote on feet from the other week.

my roost bar set up. 16 up 16 back spacing. checked last night and only 3 was on the bars and one was in the window right next to the bar laying on a 2x4. all the rest was on floor by front door. I think they miss the inside house warmth and want out of the coop.

Well that's all the pics for now hope ya'll enjoyed my TSC mutts. Got to love them.

Now for questions.

That is a leghorn correct? its one of the chicks that tsc in hamberg sold as a silkie other tsc by me said it was a leghorn.

Rosey silkie is the no poof on head and no leg feathers. Is from cross breeding or just a mutant? I personaly love it. No poof on head to trim or leg feathers to get dirty/picked at, but still a fuzz ball with crazy eyes/feet.

Any idea what my sons golden "red pullet" is?

hopeing these mutts are good egg layers cause all my other chicks are bantam.

So I was on craigs list looking up chicks chickens and other stuff. Came across bantam cochins 3 of them. they was located in Ransomville. I was like this has to be a joke am I going to get held up if I go there? I googled it to make sure was a real place then called on the 3 chicks. So sunday I get to go and pick them up. DW loves the cochin look. "they look like little sumo wrestlers." That will bring me up to 25 chicks in my 12x8. Seven reds, one leghorn, 2 silkies, and 15 bantams. But who knows how many I get to keep since all bantams the silkies and leghorn are straight run. Well not really sure about leghorn since tsc didn't even know what it was.

jlaw

Last edited:
My WhiteLeghorns came out of the white pullet bin. (I think, I kind of just ran around bins going "Oh. I like this one!"
lol we did the same thing except I knew I wanted 6 reds daughter was getting silkies wife and son was the random ones. I'm still doing it though but i'm at my max bird limit for my size coop so i'm done until I see what ones are roos.

rain needs to stop I need to finish shingling the roof atm have felt/weather guard on and a tarp where the weather guard aint covering roof.
jlaw

Jlaw-- Rosie would be the result of silkie mixed breeding. Your son's pullet in my opinion is just another color variation of a sex link. And the leghorn's comb is looking more red for that age which implies it is a roo. Hope my opinions are a help.

I do not have what I can call an Ameraucana since my current chicks are from and EE and an Lav. Amer roo. However I have a Blue chick that I think will be a roo. I have an EE that clearly has blue in her. You can have him for free. I also have two Del roo chicks.

Jlaw-- Rosie would be the result of silkie mixed breeding. Your son's pullet in my opinion is just another color variation of a sex link. And the leghorn's comb is looking more red for that age which implies it is a roo. Hope my opinions are a help.
yep thanks. Figured i'd ask since they getting alittle older now. silkies and leghorn are about 7ish weeks old. Question about combs and turning red. does it start at base and work way up or does it start at tips and work way down? wifes bantam has a darker red than the leghorn at base of comb. will have to get better pics of combs tomorrow. off to work now

jlaw

Back
Top Bottom