1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:I stopped in near the end, because I had to work today. Giving Sammy's friend the whole farmland experience..... LOL! It was all over by 2:15. I heard eggs went pretty well, but not what I could sell them for here. Call ducks did too. I'm keeping my eyes open for some fancy pigeons for Noah. We like the frillbacks. They had a lot of pigeons early in the day. Mostly rabbits & roosters at the end of the auction.

I have 1 Ameraucana chick out! [​IMG]

ETA: Dawn just called me -- the next auction is next weekend, so they don't run into Easter weekend. I'm going to go to work early so I can make the next one.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. vmdanielsen

vmdanielsen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    Quote:Sorry would have clarified that, but I didn't even know there was a Malta, NY! [​IMG]

No need to apologize. And you DID clarify. I was the silly one for thinking local instead of global. Sometimes my brain just can't expand to hold the whole world in it. I think it would explode if I tried most days.

NY is a BIG state and there is just about everything in it. Cario, Egypt, Amsterdam, Austerlitz, Holland, umm...Russia, TWO Cherry Valleys (not that they are international names, just a fun fact), Malta, Greece, Prussia, Climax (he he)...that's all I can think of off the top of my head....of course Albany, Troy and Rensselaer (for the very common Dutch "Van Rensselaer")

(New) Lebanon and Berlin

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well if I were going to be here I'd buy some to hatch some just to give the chicks away. Last time it was BR's and I just sold em for a buck.

4. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Quote:No need to apologize. And you DID clarify. I was the silly one for thinking local instead of global. Sometimes my brain just can't expand to hold the whole world in it. I think it would explode if I tried most days.

NY is a BIG state and there is just about everything in it. Cario, Egypt, Amsterdam, Austerlitz, Holland, umm...Russia, TWO Cherry Valleys (not that they are international names, just a fun fact), Malta, Greece, Prussia, Climax (he he)...that's all I can think of off the top of my head....of course Albany, Troy and Rensselaer (for the very common Dutch "Van Rensselaer")

(New) Lebanon and Berlin

How many cities are named after other cities? Loads I'm sure. I live in Voorheesville. That may be an odd one. Or Schenectady... [​IMG]

5. happycountryhens

happycountryhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Central NY
    Stopped into TSC in North Utica today. All they had left was Silkies. I was surprised to see Silkies, that's for sure. One of the chicks laid an eye on my son and he started asking to take home some chicks because aren't they cute? We need some more test chicks, right?

I explained to him about silkie mind control and resisted enough to leave the store. Whew! What a close call that was. If I knew they would have Silkies, I would have stayed away from the bins. They were so cute, poofs on their heads and all......NO, I must stop it! No set up for silkies - they need heat in the winter!

Well, have a nice day guys.

Happy Country Hens.

6. Fyrekitten

Fyrekitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Rincon, GA
    [​IMG]

I still hear them calling you....heh heh heh.....

7. Fyrekitten

Fyrekitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Rincon, GA
    Okay my husband just called me a chicken addict! He thinks it's funny that we can have chickens and then spend part of the day online talking about them.

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:Well you are. Everyone here is, so what's the big deal? I called the doctor and I swear I heard him say "take two chicks and call me in the morning".
    Rancher

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  9. happycountryhens

happycountryhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Central NY
    There's a lot worse things to be addicted to.....

10. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    My coop is almost done, anyone got any chicks they aren't using.

Oh what am I thinking...you are all addicted to chicks....I'm NOT. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by