NY chicken lover!!!!

Posted some birds to CL. Got the word that there is nothing more than can do for DW. Not sure how long but still I'll need to down size considerable if I want to stay in our house. Even with me working part time it will be tough.
Frenchy turns 10 next week and she's part of the reason I'm hanging on to chickens. I don't remember if I post the three white silkies but they're hatchery so not very good. I only got them for the rooster to cross to my frizzle hens. If anyone is interested in roosters and hens drop me a line.
Had a guy answer my post that he'd take the roosters but that seems a bit off. Anyone heard of Peter Fitness? That's not a name you forget so easily. TTFN

Posted some birds to CL. Got the word that there is nothing more than can do for DW. Not sure how long but still I'll need to down size considerable if I want to stay in our house. Even with me working part time it will be tough.
Frenchy turns 10 next week and she's part of the reason I'm hanging on to chickens. I don't remember if I post the three white silkies but they're hatchery so not very good. I only got them for the rooster to cross to my frizzle hens. If anyone is interested in roosters and hens drop me a line.
Had a guy answer my post that he'd take the roosters but that seems a bit off. Anyone heard of Peter Fitness? That's not a name you forget so easily. TTFN
Sorry to hear that, rancher.

Wish you asked me last spring, had two small breeding groups of them. A red/black rooster over black and reds, and the white with a white.
I was going more for whites but lost a bunch of chicks to a skunk... Then when I was culling all the older hens and newer cockerels I somehow made a mistake and culled my first white hen (mad rush to get a dz done I mistook her for a cockerel..)
I currently now have a white rooster and two black hens, two red hens, and a white hen.
BUT...., I recently for something different swapped my white jersey giant rooster and the naked neck rooster for the Easter hatch-a-long, going to set eggs from each coop. And I'm actually thinking of getting rid of all, giants and NN's except for NN/giant crosses, keeping just the ones that hatch naked.
If your interested in giant/NN crossed eggs I'll have some after I set for EHAL.
Hoping to free up my big coop and maybe get a couple milk goats.
Let me know if you really decide to part with your giants and NNs. I'll show up with cash and a couple of cages :).

HI Rancher, sorry to hear that news, good luck with your downsizing project. Glad the chickens are still enjoyable for you - go Frenchy - 10 years old, do you have a photo of her? I was wondering how much longer my 5 year old matriarch hen Sylvia may last, glad it may be a while yet, she is very nurturing and caught her preening 2 of the younger hens yesterday - Ginger didn't quite know what to make of Sylvia nibbling at her neck feathers! Her eyes went wide, and she froze on the spot......

20180214_164539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom