NY chicken lover!!!!

Have never caught them on our game cam here yet, although we have coyotes, red and gray foxes, coons, opossums, skunks and plenty of other critters. I don't think our woods are old enough growth in my immediate area, though across the (Otisco) Lake on the west side, there are some significant forests and I know they even have feral pigs over there. I think fishers have a denser population north/northeast of us.

TOB

The one I saw was not far from a local farm, not a lot of trees to take cover in. The one captured on trail cam was nearer to us, but lots of tree cover - haven't seen one in our area yet
fl.gif
However, our neighbor about a mile down the road has a black bear that seems to have taken up residence. Hopefully he won't get wind of my honeybee hives...........

Today was a perfect autumn day! Sunny, cool with a light breeze, trees turning colors, pines dropping needles. Went out and sat with the cheeps after I got home from work and had great chicken therapy. Went from tired and a migraine to a rested soul. Love this time of year.

Rancher--funny clips!

Double at work tomorrow. Supposed to rain so I wont care. Have a good evening everyone.

The one I saw was not far from a local farm, not a lot of trees to take cover in. The one captured on trail cam was nearer to us, but lots of tree cover - haven't seen one in our area yet
fl.gif
However, our neighbor about a mile down the road has a black bear that seems to have taken up residence. Hopefully he won't get wind of my honeybee hives...........

Neat to know...I guess they are closer than I thought. Although I wouldn't want one making designs on my birds, I would love to see a fisher in its natural element; have never seen one before. I hope your hives stay out of your "new neighbor's" scent range!!

See any birds of interest during this migration season, boskelli?

TOB

Neat to know...I guess they are closer than I thought. Although I wouldn't want one making designs on my birds, I would love to see a fisher in its natural element; have never seen one before. I hope your hives stay out of your "new neighbor's" scent range!!

See any birds of interest during this migration season, boskelli?

TOB

Haven't seen anything but geese. Keep hearing a different call in the woods tho'. will have to record it and get my neighbor to identify - she's a big time birder. Awaiting the redpolls - they usually mob the feeders on the way through! We were fortunate to have the green herons back this year and the kingfisher finally arrived. I was afraid that the severe flooding had wrecked it's habitat.
Here's a question for those who are computer literate........ at the bottom of your post I read you are flock leader---how can I add something to my postings??? I know - dumb question, but I live happily in the Stone Age most of the time
idunno.gif

Haven't seen anything but geese. Keep hearing a different call in the woods tho'. will have to record it and get my neighbor to identify - she's a big time birder. Awaiting the redpolls - they usually mob the feeders on the way through! We were fortunate to have the green herons back this year and the kingfisher finally arrived. I was afraid that the severe flooding had wrecked it's habitat.
Here's a question for those who are computer literate........ at the bottom of your post I read you are flock leader---how can I add something to my postings??? I know - dumb question, but I live happily in the Stone Age most of the time
idunno.gif

I'm not TOB, but you can add a "Signature line" by going to the TOP of this page, and on the right is your "name"....hover over it and a menu will appear. Select "edit my signature" and be sure to click "apply" or "ok" when you have your "signature" to your liking.

What A Great Day today !
I collected /swept up 6 bags of Leaves for winter bedding with my lawn sweeper .
If the weather holds I will do more tomorrow ...Neighbors have some too ....didnt get to them today ...

Back
Top Bottom