NY chicken lover!!!!

We did it. I still have no Web page but that's because I could care less about advertising. Right now it's all about building something for the kids to take over.

So sickly chicken question: got one doing the bowling pin thing. Hubby gave her a warm water soak and lubed her up, said he couldn't feel anything in there. She is eating (not layer feed) and pooping. Keeping her in a dark crate. Any ideas?

ETA: hubby did discover when bathing her that she has lice, will soak her again but with soap this time. Can you use dog/cat flea/tick shampoo on a chicken? Or just dish soap?

Last edited:
So sickly chicken question: got one doing the bowling pin thing. Hubby gave her a warm water soak and lubed her up, said he couldn't feel anything in there. She is eating (not layer feed) and pooping. Keeping her in a dark crate. Any ideas?

ETA: hubby did discover when bathing her that she has lice, will soak her again but with soap this time. Can you use dog/cat flea/tick shampoo on a chicken? Or just dish soap?

Some say you can.. some say you shouldnt .
If you decide to use it dont put it directly on the chicken just in the water .
I dont think dish soap would hurt her ..
You can dust with DE

It's official!!! Jon is fired. He told me I'm not getting any more chickens and I'm selling all but 4.

Boo, Jon. I definitely love some of my chickens but I'm struggling to turn from hobby to business. I'm keeping track like a business but find that without the upfront cash to put into renovating two barns I just can't or don't want to get to the size you grew your chicken farm to in short order. You've done well and should be praised for it!

All 14 chicks took over the highest roost tonight. I'm going to have to separate the likely to be sold and list them sooner rather than later. My nicer hens got ousted and I don't want that. They need to be put back in their place. In looking at them tonight I fear that most are roosters anyway.

Tell Jon it is cyclical thing - and right now is the part of the year when it is most crowded - but after you cull - you go into winter with the lowest number and so each year rolls along.

Back
Top Bottom