NY chicken lover!!!!

Would be a waste to put them in recycling when I myself have had times that I put out a message to friends and family for egg cartons.

I'm not that far away but, I just don't find myself in the Rochester area often enough to warrant coming to get them. It's about a hour drive for me. I incubate and hatch eggs if you need some, though. Will be hatching quail and Lavender Orpingtons in the Spring.

Will be hatching quail and Lavender Orpingtons in the Spring.
I'd love to keep quail, but I just don't have the space. I've heard that they need to be kept separately from the chickens. As far as chickens, the Lavender Orpingtons are sweet, but I'm looking for some Marans that lay the really dark-shelled eggs. Trying to go for "rainbow eggs."

I am in desperate need of finding a home for two roosters. We live near Albany NY and have a small flock of backyard chickens. The city allows for hens but not roosters. Late last summer we had a hen go broody and tried without success to get her unbroody so we decided to get some eggs for her to sit on. We got the eggs from a local farm that has free range chickens. Before we took the eggs, I explained that we live in the city and are not allowed to have roosters. I asked if some of the chicks ended up being males would they take them back for their flock and they said they would. Based on that we thought we had a plan in place to for when the chicks matured. Two of the chickens were roosters, which are now 4 months old. We contacted the farm we had the agreement with (which unfortunately was verbal) and they are now saying they won’t take the roosters because they don’t want to expand their flock. The roosters are friendly, will eat out of your hand and the black and white loves to have his head and neck rubbed. They need a loving home with room to stretch their legs
IMG_4557.jpg IMG_4560.jpg

Look up the No-Crow rooster collars and it may help you being able to keep them. It sounds like you like these boys and if they don't crow, there shouldn't be any problems.

I'd love to keep quail, but I just don't have the space. I've heard that they need to be kept separately from the chickens. As far as chickens, the Lavender Orpingtons are sweet, but I'm looking for some Marans that lay the really dark-shelled eggs. Trying to go for "rainbow eggs."
hI sTRANGERS ! i DUCKED OUT FOR A BIT ...i WOULD A LOVE SOME MARAN LAYERS AND BLUE LAYERS AS WELL .
What crazy weather ..
I still havent put a cover on the gate of my coop ..
And tomorrow it is supposed to be 60 ..
IMG_20191022_130324.jpg Anyone looking for a Spitz Rooster ?
I have a white and Black and a Brown and black ..
Not human aggressive at all IMG_20191022_130258_1.jpg

Well, we are GAINING experience, that's for sure! But, unfortunately three of our newer girls we THOUGHT were going to lay large but looked them up again and it says medium, so very doubtful they will get bigger, we're giving them a little time before we decide to trade/sell them though. ;)
I eat the smaller eggs ...2 are just right ...or sell them for a 1.00 less

Back
Top Bottom