NY chicken lover!!!!

I didn't mean to imply that the chicken wire was to keep predators out, just commenting on what we have currently. The main intention of the chicken wire above was to keep the hawks and predatory birds from getting in. I will post a picture as soon as I can.

My coop is relatively close to a tree...we covered coop and run with chicken wire. Will I still get some predators attempting to get in from above? What should I add to keep them out?
do you have a picture ?
Chicken wire keeps chickens in ....not predators out
I didn't mean to imply that the chicken wire was to keep predators out, just commenting on what we have currently. The main intention of the chicken wire above was to keep the hawks and predatory birds from getting in. I will post a picture as soon as I can.
Depending on how far away your coop is from the house ...you will always get predators trying to get in .
Foxes, racoon , opossums can climb fences ...dig holes under ,Hawks owls eagles can find holes in fences .
The tighter you make it the better .
The best bet is to watch out for them when they are out . Do you have a dog ?
Sometimes that deters predators...Sometimes that becomes a predator

Hi all! Figured I’d post here before the b/s/t forums. I have 2 baby seramas looking for homes, they’re about 6 weeks old. Just moved them outside a couple days ago and they’re doing great! Ready to join their new flock!
Pick up or meet within reason, we’re outside of Saratoga.
D4AE2DDB-551E-47A4-A877-272FAC90B2B3.jpeg
5F7ED83B-80BE-44BC-8FB8-39A0C2180EE8.jpeg
48B8C2F8-FFD3-4B13-9263-63AEA0B3D715.jpeg

This right here is one of the main reasons I decided to raise chickens. If anyone knows what type of chicken this is I would love to know. We call her Lenny.

Attachments

• 295306B0-72A6-44B1-8138-53893BF506FA.jpeg
    295306B0-72A6-44B1-8138-53893BF506FA.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 9
This right here is one of the main reasons I decided to raise chickens. If anyone knows what type of chicken this is I would love to know. We call her Lenny.
Same here this is a hobby me and my daughter share. She helps take care of them.
Here she is learning to be quiet, still and patient so the chicks learn to trust her.
9403FA9A-ACAA-407E-9A7F-960C7F4036AA.jpeg

Here she is enjoying the fruits of her labor.
C7CC4FB2-7BC4-40AF-AE18-F822DDA02CC7.jpeg

1A4B41A5-98B3-4117-8BB3-69BA6DFEA345.jpeg

Anyone use sand in their coop and run? I read a lot of varying opinions and cannot decide. Will it be too cold in fall/winter? The coop has a removable tray which is nice but doesn’t provide a lot of area to out material. What is the easiest method of bedding and material in the run for our area. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the pine shavings. Our run does not have a roof if that helps at all.

Back
Top Bottom