NY chicken lover!!!!

Hi folks, know it's been a while. Still in NYS, covid put the cabosh on moving to TX. Anyhow looking for a few hens. Older girls are okay. Gave away my other girls thinking I'd be moving south. Too I'd lost interest since my wife died. No new romance to report. Since that isn't happening thought I'd get a few girls to keep me busy. Maybe 6-12. Any breed is fine. Did have a garden this year but still working so it didn't get tended to my liking. Birds got all the concord grapes though I did pick currants, jostaberries and goose berries. Made some jelly. Have a new granddaughter that I babysit on Thursdays. She's being a good girl right now. Too, might be interested in hiring someone to mow my grass. Have a new self propelled. Should have got a rider. Well I'll try to stay connected. If anyone has some old girls to give up that would be nice. Don't need to get them all from the same person so if you have one or two I can add til I get enough. Hope everyone is doing well, TTFN, Rancher.

Sorry .Double post ..
Hi Rancher ..How are you ?
Congrats on the new Grand- baby
I know someone near me that has 8 hens ..Jacks Reef Area
2- 3 YEARS AND UP ...He likes them.. she doesnt ..really
Looking for a good home for them ...
they are Keeping them until they find one ..
6 Aussies and 3 Rir
You still have my # ? Deborah

Last edited:
I just heard one of my "hens" crow. We were already suspicious because of feather shape and size. Anyone in the Upstate New York area need a buff orpington rooster? I'm not allowed to have Roosters. My rooster plan person is swamped with roos this year and can't take him.

I'm in Albany but I'm willing to drive pretty far. Also open to ideas.
Hi Kyatesw,
Did you find a home for your rooster?

Sorry .Double post ..
Hi Rancher ..How are you ?
Congrats on the new Grand- baby
I know someone near me that has 8 hens ..Jacks Reef Area
2- 3 YEARS AND UP ...He likes them.. she doesnt ..really
Looking for a good home for them ...
they are Keeping them until they find one ..
6 Aussies and 3 Rir
You still have my # ? Deborah
I'm afraid i can't find your number in my book. I'm still Rancherhicks@yahoo. I'm doing okay. Working at Wegmans part time still. Was going to go to Seattle but the Governor closed things up and since I can't get on base, I can't see my son and his family. It's been over two years. They're being transferred to the U. K. I took the time off work and now am home. I didn't let work know I'm home. Thanksgiving is going to be at my place this year. I'm either brave or crazy. Well the girls will help I'm sure. Anyhow I figured there'd be someone out there with old girls wanting to unload them. I'm just looking have a reason to get up and out. Runs are still up and so no building to do.

If anyone is interested. My older sister passed away and she was a hoarder of fabric among other things. Bolts and bolts. Good stuff. My nephews and niece are selling it. Some fleeces and christmas decorations last I was out there. Anyhow if you're a sewer they've got an ad on Facebook market place. I know some folks are making masks. Which I might be interested in. The ones in the store are too small for some faces. One size does not fit all. TTFN Rancher

Back
Top Bottom