NY chicken lover!!!!

Quote:
It's like a flea market for chicken people. Everyone who is going RSVP's since it is usually at someone's home. You can buy, sell, swap chickens, eggs, any type of fowl, really. There's usually a raffle, a 50/50 and food that everyone brings. And a lot of fun

You gave a perfect description! I think Lovins is in June. Not sure. Can we have more than one? Some people won't make it all the way to northern NY...but could easily come to Central NY...I will likely find myself at all of them. They are fun.

Lovins? Just map quested and did not get a hit

Quote:
You gave a perfect description! I think Lovins is in June. Not sure. Can we have more than one? Some people won't make it all the way to northern NY...but could easily come to Central NY...I will likely find myself at all of them. They are fun.

Lovins? Just map quested and did not get a hit

lol.png
Lovins is another BYCer! Lovinmypeeps. She's fantastic.

Hi I live about 20 minutes away from buffalo, i had no idea there were so many people from NY on this forum and so close by! anyone have sebastopol geese?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes mine would be worse too if I had an incubator! The bantams are great, so pretty of course, but very nice dispositions too. Very friendly, even the roos. I was debating on whether to get a few LF lol. I know I will be hatching a bunch for myself ,whenever my hens go broody, so I am sure I will have too many! If the chickenstock happens upstate this summer I really want to go!

Let's swap a few.
wink.png
You should go to the swap. Kristen is so awesome, I think we'll all have a great time. I would love to host one here in Central NY...I just don't have the space (yet) for a huge turnout. I'm hoping to go to the PA one if it happens again.

Yes lets! I couldnt make it to the one in PA or the one at Natalies. I really wanted to go to both, just didnt work. So hopefully this year I will be able to make it to at least one!

Quote:
It's like a flea market for chicken people. Everyone who is going RSVP's since it is usually at someone's home. You can buy, sell, swap chickens, eggs, any type of fowl, really. There's usually a raffle, a 50/50 and food that everyone brings. And a lot of fun

I think having one in central NY would be good too, closer for a lot of people. I'd try to go if there was one
smile.png

Quote:
You would need to get an application and have you flock checked for.......pollurium? I haven't shown yet...but I REALLY want to. I would love someone to go with me and show me the ropes.

Quote:

I think having one in central NY would be good too, closer for a lot of people. I'd try to go if there was one
smile.png

I can't make it to Lovins but I would come to a central NY one.....wonder in the PA is going to have one again. I think they called it the NE chickenstock.

Quote:
Me and Tab would probley join if you let us know when the next meeting is. I have been tossing around the idea about doing a chickenstock here at the farm, but I would want to attend one first to check it out. I have about 43 acres so I would have plenty of room.

Ok, I'll let you know...I was also thinking of doing a Chickenstock, but I guess the spring one is already settled on.

Why couldn't there be one spring, summer, and fall?

Back
Top Bottom