NY chicken lover!!!!

oh featherz I am sooo sorry to hear your hen passed away!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I had a Q I had been meaning to ask you. what brand of feed are you feeding them??
Right now the mixed age coop is on Starter/grower from agway (since I have chicks in the coop). The other two coops are on layer from agway.

I have been thinking of getting bees also - I would *love* to have my own honey. What do you do with the bees in the winter?

I'm thinking of starting a suggestion thread for naming my chickens. I have 5 and I have been googling names for famous groups of 5 but nothing is really catching my attention. And again I'm not even 100% sure what have yet as far as roos or hens. I can take some pictures of the gang tomorrow and post them to see if anyone can guess what I have. But other than that, if the silkies are still up in the air for sexing, I may need some unisex names. Anyone have any suggestions?
Lee, Leslie, Rae(F) or Ray(M), but pronounced the same. Francis or Frances. Jack or Jackie... Erin or Aaron...Sandy(short for Sandra or Sanford) HHmmm I liked this game!! there must be others...I'll add on more if I can think of any....

Featherz, so sorry for your loss.

Cass, watch out for that "hic". Could be the sign of a problem. I would check the nesting boxes for small bottles of whiskey!

As for names...Mabel, Belle, Ursula, Agnes, Bea, Gert, Clara, Edna, Grace, Anabelle, Inga. If they were all roos (heaven forbid!), you could go with Tito, Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael (the Jackson Five), or Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Longley and Harper (1996 Chicago Bulls).

Featherz, so sorry for your loss.

Cass, watch out for that "hic". Could be the sign of a problem. I would check the nesting boxes for small bottles of whiskey!
ROFL. I am just imagining drunk chickens now =)

My late chicken Jailbird appears to have one baby - one of the chicks wandering around with my broodies appears to be a barred NN so it has to be from her egg. It looks to be a boy already at three weeks (it's already got a red neck!), but I could use one more roo in that coop so it's in the running. :) One of JavaGirls' favorelles is a boy also, so he's in the mix also. Will have to see who can behave when they get older.

Just received a bunch of experimental stuff from firststatevet since Dr. brown has been so helpful and I felt like I should buy something :) .

A kuhl r-20 chick feeder (which is supposed to reduce waste), a big thing of turmeric (anti-inflammatory/immune booster) and a bottle of vitamins/probiotics to help when it gets really hot. My adult feeders that I make myself are pretty decent with waste, but the chick feeders are pretty bad. So we'll see how it goes!

I'm really bad about naming my chickens. Only the resident roos and the 'specials' get names (such as my little Jailbird). I am trying to think of names for my two tiny araucana rumpless girls - one has a tuft poofing off the top of her head instead of by her ears. :)

I am tired of calling them 'ball chickens' LOL. I can't help it, they look like little footballs!

I named my all white EE Roo 'Q-tip'. Too bad if he doesn't like it. :)

Back
Top Bottom