NY Swap!!!

hey again-should we post what we are willing to bring to trade or sell? That way we all know whats coming?
pop.gif

I would think a PLACE and DATE would be the first part of this, don't you? lol Some may not be able to go for one reason or another....
i'm up for a Sunday and closer to the Albany area, if you're asking...
ya.gif

Melinda

Quote:
LOL..I would think so thats why I posted what I did--I got too excited and didnt think first!....Im up for a Sunday- Albany is 3 hours away-I was hoping it would be a little closer to me
hide.gif

BBK wrote:
I would think a PLACE and DATE would be the first part of this, don't you? lol Some may not be able to go for one reason or another....
i'm up for a Sunday and closer to the Albany area, if you're asking...

Melinda
sonew123 wrote:
LOL..I would think so thats why I posted what I did--I got too excited and didnt think first!....Im up for a Sunday- Albany is 3 hours away-I was hoping it would be a little closer to me

What's close to you?​

I live in Onchiota-no one knows where that is but I also live 50 minutes from Plattsburg-50 minutes from Lake Placid-and 25 minutes from saranac lake-1 hour from Malone...any of these ring a bell to anyone?

I live in Onchiota-no one knows where that is but I also live 50 minutes from Plattsburg-50 minutes from Lake Placid-and 25 minutes from saranac lake-1 hour from Malone...any of these ring a bell to anyone?

lol You're right, I'm sorry, i didn't know where that was. I've been to Lake Placid, nice town and passed Saranac Lake. We took both our boys (at different times) to DEC camp up there, very nice scenery, love the river, it's beautiful that goes along that awful road.
No looking while driving...lol

and you're right 3-4 hours away...
Melinda​

Quote:
lol You're right, I'm sorry, i didn't know where that was. I've been to Lake Placid, nice town and passed Saranac Lake. We took both our boys (at different times) to DEC camp up there, very nice scenery, love the river, it's beautiful that goes along that awful road.
No looking while driving...lol

and you're right 3-4 hours away...
Melinda

see? Im all alone wayyy up here-I have 1 friend that has chickens but-Im strick on my bio security so I only give her birds or chicks-I never take hers-I would love to have more hens of a few certain breeds-quarantined of course for a period of time before fall-I just can't find anyone close enough to where Im willing to drive to...but if it's not meant to be theres a reason for it I guess??

I'm outside of Rochester, so inbetween Buffalo and Syracuse.

I kind of think of it like the rabbit shows, I usually travel about 2-3 hours for a typical show, for really BIG shows, like Nationals, upwards of 10 hours.

So I guess if we had a really BIG poultry swap, would more people be willing to come?

There is the Poultry show and auction in Bath in Sept, too bad its not all the same weekend!

Another thing to consider is doing it on Sat instead, there was just an auction on Sunday that did not have a great turnout, and someone pointed out that the Amish (Menonites?) don't do any shopping on Sundays. The auction I was at the week before had a big Amish turnout (and lots of $$$ was spent too!)

Quote:
I don't mind traveling a bit, either. I'm east of Albany, and am fine with most places as long as it's not straight to the other end of the state. Somewhere that's of easy access to the highway would be nice for everyone.

From what I understand, we only have one "big" one in this area and it was VERY busy (schagticoke). I know there's an auction around here, but I'd call that a different event than a swap/stock.

Back
Top Bottom