NY Swap!!!

Quote:
I don't mind traveling a bit, either. I'm east of Albany, and am fine with most places as long as it's not straight to the other end of the state. Somewhere that's of easy access to the highway would be nice for everyone.

From what I understand, we only have one "big" one in this area and it was VERY busy (schagticoke). I know there's an auction around here, but I'd call that a different event than a swap/stock.

2-3 hours away from me I would totally go to and Sat sounds even better!!!!

Seems to me that someone should plan one for the eastern part of the state & someone else for the west/central part. Seriously, we should have a few swaps in different parts of the state.... or if there was just to be one large "chickenstock" event, it might be better to do it in the Central New York region. The person that started this thread lives about 1 1/2 hours south of Syracuse in the Southern Tier, so I wouldn't guess he was planning a swap up in the ADK or the Capital region. Who knows... I could be wrong.

New York is a pretty big state & most of us do live "upstate" of the City. I personally wish that people would be more specific as to where they live. Like if they're in a town nobody has heard of, also put the true region of the state to make it easier to figure out where people are without having to guess, ask or mapquest everything.

That being said... I'd LOVE to go to a swap or BYC event.
smile.png

Maybe this is why many swaps aren't organized?
tongue.png

I think that Central is ideal, to be honest with you. Syracuse/Utica simply because most folks are under 3 hours from there, I imagine. Or an Eastern and Western swap. I'm unsure if there are enough folks out here to do an Eastern swap.

I'll drive pretty much anywhere. Probably even to Rochester, since I don't mind a drive and we can visit folks.

Quote:
Me-I have silkies 5 weeks old-2 buff-2 white-2 black-1 gray 3 lavendars (4 months old all roos!!!)-not sure if Im selling them yet-I may

Ok guys and gals

We got to get this figured out.

Im right near Vestal NY.

I could get us a place if I did some looking around.

Anyone want to come near the vestal area, or would another spot work better?

So what do you guys think?

~Bryan

Which is near Binghamton? right? I just google it. Sorry for my ignorance. I'm out, that's too far for me..it's about 2.5 hr. drive just to Cobleskill. you're a lot farther than that! right?

have fun...
Melinda

I would like to go, Im from Montgomerty, an hour south of Albany, Everyone should post there town and maybe we could find the mid point? Im new to raising chickens. I don't have anything to bring.
Jo

Back
Top Bottom